Promise//19

"Come now, sweet Ben. Wake up." I hear Armitage's voice enter my half awake state.

I open my eyes to see a Sunset kneeled down on the side of the bed caressing my cheek. He smiles as I open my eyes and his travel all over my face. I can feel his love for me and it only makes me want him more. It also tears me apart farther than I already am.

"I missed you." I try not to cry as I say it.

"Did you really miss me that much? It's only been a few hours." He puts his arms on the bed and rests his chin on them.

"You have no idea. I missed you more then you can ever comprehend."

A big smile forms on his face. "You're so sweet."

His use of the word 'sweet' turn my stomach over. I'm flattered, but I read it in his journal. He actually means it, and he thinks he's the one that's dreaming? I'm mad at myself again. I'm a monster for even reading his journal.

"I love you Armitage. I seriously love you and nothing will ever compare or measure up to how I feel about you. The day I lose you is the day I lose myself. You make everyday worth living for me and my strong love for you will never change." I grab his arm.

He looks at me in shock for a long time with his mouth agape. He blinks several times before even answering. "Ben... I love you. I don't think I could ever tell you how much I do love you. Words are too limitless to describe the infinite love I have for you."

"Sunset." I sit up and he stands as I get out of the bed.

I embrace him and he does the same. I feel him stand on his tip toes so he can be more apart of me. We are hugging so tight that his hat falls off and he just buries his face deeper into my neck.

"Who am I kidding." I hear him say. I can almost hear a hint of sadness in his tone. I have never seen Sunset cry before. I don't want to either. He's not crying, I can't tell, but he is close. "I can't ever lose you." He pushes me away but keeps a tight grip on me. "I'm sorry I ever tried ending what we have."

"You were scared." I put some of his loose hair back.

"That doesn't excuse it. I feel immensely guilty for even thinking of putting you through that. I feel guilty about leaving you here alone."

"It was fine being alone. It wasn't that long." I lie. I look over at the clock and see that it had been five hours since I fell asleep. He truly was gone for a long time.

"Are you sure? You seemed so out of place. I feel bad for making you miss me that much."

"Sunset." I pull his head to me and his hands run over my bare chest and he smiles with his eyes closed. "I always miss you whenever we're not together. Don't feel bad because you can't exactly spend every waking minute with me."

"I know." He keeps his eyes closed. "I wish I could."

I kiss the top of his head and he smiles even bigger. I feel his head move from underneath my kiss to look at me. He looks at me all over and stands up a little higher to meet my gaze. He kisses me softly. I keep him there for a few seconds before he pulls away himself. I kiss his forehead and I can hear a breathy laugh escape his closed lips.

"I'm going to change Okay?" Sunset backs away and I smile. He looks very attractive in his uniform and the hat only makes it better.

He bends over and picks his hat off the ground that fell because of us embracing each other. He walks over to his closet and bends down. My stomach churns and I hope to the maker he never finds out I read some of his journal. It was only a little bit, but I still feel like an emotionless machine for doing it. It was unforgivable and it was yet again, another impulse act on my end.