Run Away//12

I wake up calmly with the first thought in my head being Poe. This morning isn't like the rest. Usually I wake up in a panic with my face dripping in pain and regret, but not today. I get up slowly and see that I slept on top of my covers all night. I look at the clock tiredly rubbing my eyes and see that I woke up about two minutes early.

I lay down and cover up, taking that two minutes to sleep longer. It's not just Poes fault... it's also Cheeb's. I hate him. I don't care what the Jedi believe in, I hate Cheeb. I feel myself finally drifting off when the alarm sounds. It's been a while since I've actually heard it. It sounds just like Armitage's. It reminds me of what happened in his room yesterday morning. Does he care for me like I do him? Did he enjoy us making physical contact?

I turn off the alarm and roll out of bed. My feet almost hit the com link. I pick it up and observe it. My eyes widen and my heart starts picking up faster then a pod in a race. There was a message from last night, from Armitage. I tap the middle and his small hologram comes to life.

"Ben," he called me Ben. At least that hasn't changed. I feel the hologram lovingly, with my hand, wishing it was actually him. "The group of troopers found nothing on the planet Jide. After you meet with your stormtroopers, I would like you to meet me in the same discussion room as always. We must agree on where we look next." He is wearing normal gray clothes, and his hair is not what it's like normally. It's how it was when I was in his room, messy but still perfect, I love it like that. 

I cut off the hologram, but save the message so I can look at it later. In case I don't see him for a day again. I set the com link on my night stand and finally decide to get up. This morning feels easier for some reason. I feel like I'm in control. I feel like I finally have confidence to hide the truth from Snoke, even with all my dreams. I feel like my sunset is part of the reason. I didn't dream when he slept next to me. I also don't dread stepping out of my door and it's because I know I'm going to see him. Sunset.

I honestly don't want to train with my stormtroopers today. I feel bad about making Slip cry and I don't know if I can face him, even if I do have a mask on. I decide to put it off and 'accidentally' show up late. No. I'll just go.

I walk out and start going over to the training room. When I get to the door it's slightly open and I can here Slips voice whispering. I move closer to the door with out actually opening it and listen in.

"Twenty we can't do that. Someone's gonna find out." I hear Slip whisper.

I look through what little vision the open door gave me and see only Twenty and Slip in the room. Twenty being taller then Slip looking down at him very caring. Slip is holding one of Twenty's hands with both of his and Twenty is resting his hand on Slips cheek.

"What are you afraid of? I promise it will all work out by the end, you'll see." Twenty reassures him. What are they talking about?

"Twenty I'm scared, if we get caught they will kill us." Slip grabs Twenty's hands even tighter and stands on his tip toes to get closer.

"Slip," Twenty brushes some of his curls away. "I would never let anything happen to you. I'll protect you."

Slip hugs Twenty and he hugs him just the same. I really did feel for Twenty. He was almost as weak as Slip and he was promising him protection. I look down and when I look up I see Twenty kiss Slip. I honestly didn't expect them to be so open about it, they could easily be caught right now, the door is halfway open for kriff sake.

"Thank you Twenty." Slip whispers. "Please don't be mad at me, I just, I don't wanna die."

"Nobody does, you're not gonna die." Twenty hugs Slip close and smells his hair, it's honestly heart warming to watch.