Contact//7

I shut the door to the training room and head to the middle of the floor. I see Nines helmet still here and I kick it into the corner. He can defend himself when someone asks where it is, because he's not getting back till tomorrow. I take off my mask and unhook my lightsaber. I set them next to each other a few feet away from me.

The training room I was given is always super hot and I decide to take my top off for air. I set it next to my mask and saber and finally get ready to relax. I shut my eyes and think of what Luke told me during my training.

"Hide your thoughts from Snoke with the force" I say it out loud. "The force is within you. Trust it, and will protect and guide." I shut my eyes and play his words over and over in my head. "I am one with the force."

I stare out at the ocean. It's been three years training with Luke and the other students at the Jedi temple. Luke decided that on this particular morning I was ready to become something more. I inhale a breath of relief. I have finally got to this level. I am a Jedi Knight.

I stare down at my Padawan braid in my hands. It curls at the end and has a green elastic holding the bottom together. The end of the braid curls and the top is coming unraveled with curls poking out in every which way.

I stare at it with hate. I always told Poe that I would give him my braid once I was dubbed a knight. He was so exited the first time I told him. I couldn't wait to become a knight for that one reason only, to see Poes face bright with delight when I give it to him. Stupid Poe.

I squeeze it tight in my hands and try with all my might to hold back tears. It's been three years since I have seen him, and not a day goes by that I don't have his face taking up space in my thought. I loved... I love him. Still. After all this time, I can't let go. Even with Luke's help. It's just too hard.

I can feel Luke through the force. He wants me to meet him, it's serious. I thought the serious part was over. I'm a knight now. I speed up what I was doing so I can meet Luke. I look at the braid one last time before throwing it as hard as I can into the ocean. I yell as I do it. Yell because I want to rid myself of any thing 'Poe'. I know that's impossible though. Even getting rid of my braid won't help and I know that. It makes me feel a little better though by throwing it away. It makes me feel like I can actually do things without constant help from other people.

I walk away from the ocean and head towards Luke's hut. I will never see that braid again. I reach his hut and knock on the door before entering. I wait a few seconds and nearly give up on waiting before I hear movements.

"Come in Ben." I hear Luke's voice from inside.

I am about to open the door when it's roughly pushed open, and out walks Cheeb, giving me the glare of a life time. He sticks his tongue out at me and I tug at his padawan braid rather hard in return. He rubs his bleach blonde hair where I tugged and glares at me even more this time. He walks quickly down the hill that Luke's hut is on and I watch him for a few seconds before I enter.

"You know Ben, you really shouldn't treat Cheeb like that." Luke looks at me.

"You told me to make them think I am turning to the dark side. I'm just playing the part." I look at Luke and he shakes his head and looks majorly disappointed.

"Shut the door." He waves his hands way over dramatically for me to shut the door. "Sit."

I sit down directly in front of him. "Why was stupid Cheeb here anyway?"

Luke looks at me and says 'stop' with his eyes. "Ben."

"What?" I ask it like I did nothing wrong.