Tosche//29

I awake feeling numb when I realize he's not here. I sit up and run my fingers over where he was just sleeping. As my eyes travel across the windy, sand sheets I notice a bowl full of orange, how should I say... mush. I scoot over to see a piece of paper underneath that just says EAT! All capital letters. I lift the utensil and watch the food, if you can call it that, splat into the mush creating little indents. I hear Armitages voice outside and it gives me the energy to get ready fast.

I'm blasted as soon as I enter in seeing Slip and Armitage already talking about the outline of the next few hours. Before I can even roll my eyes at his 'never resting' work ethic, he stops talking and turns to face me.

"Did you eat?" He stares me down while Slip turns around with his finger in his mouth, probably eating something.

"Did you really expect me to eat that? I didn't even know what it was." I shrug.

He tilts his head, and his expression tilts along with it. "Was it not the elegant meals you usually have, your majesty?"

Slips eyes widen and he slowly turns back around.

"I'll eat it if it makes you happy." I look down for a feel seconds to releve his burning stare.

"That would make me elated actually." His expression changes as if to say Are you okay?

I smile to reassure him.

"What are you still doing here?" He swats me away with his hand.

I smile, trying not to laugh at him. I've never met someone so profesional and cold, yet so dramatic and petty. As I walk in I glare at the food, and then kind of pout. I feel kind of dumb afterwards. Nevertheless, I still don't want to eat it, and I won't. Taking it to the loo, I stir it around and lift the spoon. It smells as if it used to be frozen. My nose scrunches as I sample it. Regret immediately fills me as I can't get it off my tongue. It tastes like some of the plant food Luke would have prepared from time to time. I waste no time dumping it right into the bowl. As it's leaving I sit on the wash counter and bring my knees to my chest. If I stay for a few moments that should be convincing enough that I ate the "food".

Luke. I miss him. Why can't he just end this already. My mouth feels dry at the thought of this even going on a year longer. I don't want to feel this way anymore. Always hiding, in constant terror and a panicked state. The worst being this person I've fallen completely in love with. It's not fair, I can't control it. What if I can't leave when it's time? My teeth grind just thinking about my future self. Will he be as weak as I am now? Is he dead? My heart drops to the lowest point in my body just thinking about it. Snokes hands wrap around my neck killing me. My breathing stops, my eyes close. No! Don't let him, I can do this. I can handle this. That won't happen... I hope.

"Ben."

My head jerks towards my loves direction.

"Yes?" I slide off the wash counter and lean on it after standing.

"How did it taste, I know it's not good, but I read somewhere that it's healthy for you. It's made from a plant called cariflal." He looks at the empty dish and back up to me only after hesitation at my hand resting on the counter.

"I know, I've had it before. It is healthy, but it's not known for its taste."

His eyes shift all over me as he takes a deep breath. I give a weak, less then a second smile and swallow. He slowly walks over, his hand mapping the counter. He stops rather close and leans on the counter to match me.

"I'm scared, Ben." A timid hand reaches up to my chest and touches me like I'm a sick child.

"About what?" My eyes concentrate on his, which are facing down.