Weakest Link//10

I hear a soft ringing and I wake up. I look over at Armitage's empty bed and see his alarm blinking and getting louder. I'm about to get up when I realize the full extent of the situation.

My hand is still in complete contact with his and he is asleep on my side, even more now. His mouth is slightly open and his eyes are closed softly. He looks so asleep, almost in a coma state. I never want him to leave my side. He is too warm, I'll freeze if he leaves. His cheek is completely pressed against my arm and the hand that's not holding mine, clings to my sleeve.

The alarm gets louder and I feel my sunsets amazing presence shift and take away a significant amount of heat. All the fire that he is laying on me with his body, travels to my face. He is going to wake up fully and give me a reaction. I don't want it to be bad, and if it's good, what do I do? Knowing him, it will probably be bad. He can't ever make up his mind, and he acts like two different people.

I suck in a shaky breath as soon as his hand that's not connected with mine leaves its state of clinging to my shirt. I stare straight ahead at the other sunset that hangs on the wall. He breathes in signifying that he is now awake. I continue to stare forward. I can't look at him. I'm more afraid of how he will react then anything.

The silence is defying, other then the sound of the alarm growing in volume. I know he's awake because his breathing has changed and I can feel his hand very lightly twitch in mine. I shut my eyes and breathe in with much anxiety.

His head leaving my shoulder makes me jump. I can feel his eyes on me, and I continue to stare at the painting in front of me. If I turn, I could be facing a glare. Or a face of rejection. I can't do that yet, I can't believe I'm in so deep with him, as in my thoughts.

The only thing that hasn't changed is our intertwined hands. That's what I'm most afraid of. He is probably staring at my hand in his with disgust and confusion. My heart stops to the point of it actually hurting when I feel him tighten his grip around my hand.

My mouth opens to breathe and nothing comes out because of shock. Shock because I feel his warm presence return to my side. He snuggles his head into my arm and scoots closer to me. After having no breath for at least ten seconds I finally breathe out the shortest breath of my life. This sunset of a person, this perfect person makes me lose oxygen.

I cautiously look to my right and see the top of his soft, ruffled, sunset hair. I breathe a major sigh of relief and rest my face on the top of his head. I take in the scent of his hair and feel it caress my face. I want to take my free hand and pull him closer. I want him so close to the point of it being too close. I want to feel his lips against mine and I want his fingers to run through my hair as I do the same to his. I want to tell him how I feel and I know I never will. Ever. That's the worst part. Keeping it locked away when my feelings are breaking down the walls of my mind.

"Ben?" He moves closer to me and tightens his grasp again, causing me to internally shiver in delight.

"Yes?" I take my face away from his hair and rest my cheek on the top of his head.

"Does your injury hurt at all?"

"No." I shake my head.

The alarm is still going off and it's now louder and faster then ever. We sit like this for what feels like minutes until he finally speaks again.

"Did you have any more dreams?"

"No. If I did, I can't remember. It was all just black."

"You're hand is very warm." I feel his fingers adjust around the shape of my hand.

"It's you that's warm."

He laughs without actually opening his mouth. "I suppose."

Can't we stay like this? He, he didn't freak out. He didn't get mad at me for showing affection. I get to watch my sunset without distractions or interruptions.