Short Lived//25

I lift my head up off the floor and groan of pain. Vibrations run through my brain and covering my ears of course doesn't help.  I open my eyes to see to see a vast unrecognizable land. The floor below me, graphite colored and cold to the touch. I've never been here, and that's when I realize I'm dreaming. I've never realized I was dreaming before, I've never really dreamed. Rather, just saw memories in my head as I sleep. I stand up only to realize what I'm wearing. I have on my old Jedi robes on, but I had my red lighter saber instead of my blue. I also had on the neck piece I honor Padmè with around me. I look ahead and a light slowly gets brighter. I can see that's it's far away but I still shield my eyes with my hand when it glimmers and blinds me.

"Please, Ben don't do this I'm sorry."

I squint wondering if I just actually heard a voice from that light. I felt as if I have heard the voice before but I can't put my finger on it. I decided to walk to the light. As soon as I take a step the floor sinks beneath my feet. I look down and see I have left a footprint from where I just stepped away. The ground appeared to be solid, But instead was like wet clay forming around my walking feet. The light ahead of me dims, causing me to walk faster.

It gets smaller and smaller and the words "Ben, please" continue to chant, getting smaller and more echoing every time. I start running to the light and this seems to make progress. The light stops fading, but for some reason now, my legs feel heavy. I look down and see that I'm sinking to the ground. I keep running even though I still sink. Soon enough the light becomes only half, like a sun setting over the horizon. My eyes and mouth are all that's emerged from the sinking ground now.

"Luke! Help!"  Right before I can call again, my face is buried and I shut my eyes tightly. My body slowly feels less pressure and I open my eyes again. Stars surround me and I float what I can only describe as upwards through the vastness of the galaxy. The stars are suddenly cut off and I feel the pressure again. I get the feeling I need to hold my breath and I do. I close my eyes again because for some reason they begin to sting.

The pressure again leaves and I feel like I'm floating again, only this time it's different. I open my eyes again and panic when I realize I am deep underwater with a view of the bright sun above me. I swim up feeling like I'm slowly losing oxygen as every second passes. I'm almost to the top when my body gives up. I slowly start to descend and the sun becomes smaller, the view of water becomes larger and none of my limbs work. I accept my fate and try not to get emotional that these are my last moments.

Right as I am about to breathe in to end it all faster, a hand shoots through the water and grabs my wrist. I look down as I get dragged up being saved. As soon as my head emerges from the water I gasp for air. The mysterious hands continue helping me out of the water. I lay on the ground as soon as I'm out and look to the sky. Blue, with scarce clouds. The trees that surround me are green and and have blue flowers sprouting out all over the leaves. Some of the flowers even being blood colored. The wind blows the trees and they shake making the sound everyone knows.

I sit up and look around to see who helped me out of the water. I turn completely around when I notice the person. A long red haired woman. She wears a white dress and no shoes. She smiles at me and for some reason. I feel like I know her in some way.

"Who are you," I ask.

"I am the reason you're alive. Also, if it weren't for me, you wouldn't be so happy." She smiles and then stands up.

"What?" I whisper to myself.

She begins to walk away dripping water. I don't think anything of it until I see her walking right into a storm. A storm that grows before me and causes my eyes to do just the same. I try and get up but my hands and knees seem to be glued to this rock.