"Are you serious? It's been two mouths. Do you even listen to yourself when you talk? "

"What?"

"Two months Amir, two months. What happened to she's the one?"

"Well she clearly isn't" he said and Khalid shook his head disapprovingly.

"Funny how you pilloried Idrees for a past that is your present" Nafisa said from behind them.

"Don't dare compare me to that degenerate. " he spat.

"Your hypocrisy is disgusting, you look down at people for their known mistakes, you forget yours. You forget we know that you are a cheep philanderer, you fit into any girls pants" she blazed her eyes thick with anger as she daggered her gaze at him. The place was quiet and almost impossible to think that not everybody heard. He stormed down the stairs and rode out of the house. The rest of the evening was awkward and somewhat unpleasant, everybody pretended that nothing had happened.

The next afternoon Khalid went to the center, it was still under construction. The place was rather swamped with people, he walked to the construction site and checked on how things were going before he stepped into the building.

"Khalid" he heard his name, "This is crazy" she said coming towards him excited.

"What's going on?" he looked around.

"I have been having from one meeting to the other" she said rubbing her temple, her face glowing and it was like he saw a different kind of beauty, her eye color was a lot like his accept her gray was lighter and it had a bit of blue in it, her thin short brow looking perfect in its imperfection. He cleared his voice hoping he didn't stare to long. "There has been volunteers for funding" she almost shouted excited. "There was a reporter that wants to know what this is, its amazing. I mean a blogger but who cares?" she cupped her face and heave in content. "Thank you, I didn't get to say it yesterday" she smiled.

"Sorry it didn't go all well," he said and she shrugged. None of them heard from Amir, he hadn't been home and he hasn't returned any of their calls. "Ma sha Allah, inna fakurun biki (I'm pound of you)"

"Thank you but we both know that this," she waved her hand at the building "Is all you"

"Yeah, but I can't take all the credit" he said cockily and she rolled her eyes,

"Argh! You just can't help it can you?" she said and he winked at her. Her assistant interrupted them to inform her that she still had more meetings. She asked Khalid to help her out and of course he agreed. They had spent a lot of time due to the project and that made them closer, he had been there through some of her melt downs but if felt unusual, it wasn't like before, the sister he knew, played with and protected. It was a different picture now. They strolled for a bite a block from the center after the meetings.

"Trevor told me about the china deal"

"Yeah, am not sure about that," he took the last bite of his nugget.

"Not sure about what?" she asked with a furrow brow "It's a huge deal, were talking about a telecommunication building in china." she ranted and he chuckled

"Am praying on it, " he finished, she looked at him skeptically before responding with an okay.

"So how are things with Manal" she winked, "Heard you've been going out"

"Once" he pointed a finger out "we went out once"

"Mm hmm" she sipped on her drink "So much professionalism" they both laugh.

"And you?" he cleaned his hands with a napkin.

"I don't know, have you seen any guy who wants a wreck?" she joked but Khalid didn't seem to appreciate it. He had a small frown on his face.