Mind boggling match

Start from the beginning

"Good god." I groaned and Dimitri chuckled, the rumbling in his chest vibrating on my back and I sighed in content.

"That is what I mean, that completely boggles the mind." The dr chuckled. "Adorable yet unbelievable." She continued on giving us advice and instructions which went right over my head but Dimitri understood perfectly and would make sure I followed by the letter. She handed over some vitamins and a copy of the results.

"Come on Roza. Let's go get Alberta to adjust your trainings." He grabbed my bag, slinging it over his shoulder before picking me up off the bed.

"I can walk comrade!" I slapped his chest.

"That may be so but you won't be doing too much of it when I'm around. I'm waiting on you hand and foot whenever possible missy." He kissed my cheek.

"Fine." I huffed.

"Oh, cheer up Rose." He laughed as we walked out the clinic doors. "It's rare so I'm taking every precaution."

"Of course you are." I sighed. "I guess I should be grateful."

He chuckled. "I know you are, even if you won't admit it to yourself."

"Yeah. I am. I just hate others doing things for me."

"Get used to it!" He teased good naturedly.

"Rose?" My mother walked up to us, she hadn't left campus since the attack over two months ago and it had made sneaking around with Dimitri an absolute bitch. "Belikov?" She was staring him down with a glare to rival my own.

"Guardian Hathaway." He nodded out of respect to her but refused to let my down. "What can I do for you? We do have to be somewhere" Dimitri nodded to me.

"Well, for starters, you could put my daughter down- she is more than capable of walking."

"With all due respect- that's just not happening. If you want to know why you'll have to come to Petrov's office with us."

She sighed. "Fine."

We started walking again and I noticed no one was staring. Were they that blind? Or was the doctor right- were we just too unusual for people to notice?

We made it to Alberta's office without incident but what was about to go down would be unpleasant- more so with my mother in the room. "Dimitri? How are we going to do this?"

"Hmmm. Good question."

"Comrade! How do you not have a plan?" I was shocked, the man always had a plan.

"Hey! Speak for yourself." He shook his head.

"Nope. I'm not the one who comes up with plans- you are. I'm the logical one!" I slapped his upper arm.

"Nope. It's the other way around Rose and you know it!"

"Aww, no fair comrade."

"You two do realise you're getting sidetracked bickering like an ol- shit!" My mother interrupted us, realisation hitting her like a ton of bricks. Ugh, if she weren't so easily pissed off I'd say it was about time.

"Yes Mother?" I asked all too sweetly.

"You two?" She was at a loss for words. "No. It can't be. One of you please tell me I'm wrong, please tell me you aren't involved with each other." Oh how I begged to differ.

"Mom, are you sure you want to know?"

She gulped. "Want to? No. Need to? Yes."

"Then you had better brace yourself. You're in for a shock."