"I know that you want the best for her but do me a favor, as you see peoples past, see their present also. We are all capable of monstrous acts" she voiced and he listened.

"You know what? You deserve better"

"Is this a pity party? Because a'a, I am not in the mood of accommodating it" she shook head and waved her index finger causing him to pout. "And you're right" she moved closer to him placing her hand on his chest "I do deserve better but life aint fair. And what can I say? We are all flawed, we just hope to find someone that sees our flaws and accepts them, someone that sees the light in our darkness. So I guess I fell in love with you" She shrugged and turned to leave.

"You are an exceptional woman. You keep talking like that I can't help myself" he drew her back for a kiss.

"You're not forgiven yet" she said pulling away causing him to groan. She walked away leaving him there before coming back, he smirked smugly knowing she was back for the kiss "Your phone," she handed him his ringing phone.

"Still not forgiven, roger," he said with an innocent voice in an attempt to win her. She walked away with a hidden smirk; she was going to enjoy tormenting him. A few moment later he ran to the sitting room and grabbed his keys, he informed her that mamma was in the hospital.

Amna and Yusra were already there and mamma was sleeping.

"She had a heart attack" Amna hugged her brother sobbing. Amir came in a few minutes after them.

"How is she?" he asked. Yusra narrated what the doctor had said, "her blood pressure was high hence inducing the heart attack but her cholesterol levels are fine". Mamma was a patient of effectively managed coronary heart disease, "They are keeping her over night just incase". Zinar held her husbands hand reassuringly before joining Amna who was seated at the far end of the room.

Mamma was discharged the next day after been advised by the doctor to take things easy and to take care of her diets. She had been doing well for the past two days.

"Hala wa ghala" she hugged Zinar and sat her down, "Ahmad is stressing you" she frowned at Ahmad who was beside her and Zinar chuckled.

"What did I do?" he asked his hands in mock surrender.

"She's a pregnant woman, she should be resting"

"Am fine, Mamma how are doing"

"Allahamdulilah". Amir collected the tray of drugs from a maid by the door, "As long as she takes her medications"

"I hate meds" she mopped while Zinar helped her with them.

"So what's the sex of the baby" Amir asked

"Those machines are not accurate you cant trust them" Mamma said

"Mam there is a 90% accuracy" Ahmad reassured

"La hawlaulaquwa illabilah" she recited with a flare of drama "People would be expecting just to get let down by 10% inaccuracy." She spoke her mind and they all laughed. Ahmad informed them that they had to be about fifteen months far to be able to check the sex. He wasn't taking being a father lightly, he knew all there was to know.

They stayed over for dinner, Amna was back before dinner and so was Abu. Amir boastfully informed Amna of the sex to spite her, he knew she would be annoyed if she thought he knew the sex before her. "I know" she gave him a duh look, she was never going to accept defect.

"Ya bint they found out today" he rubbed it in. Ahmad and Zinar were silently laughing, she turned and look at Zinar with a betrayed look "He had to know before me?" she whined

"He told me he was going to tell you guys" she quickly turned on Ahmad.

Ahmad was caught off-guard without a respond to play along "Ah! Um- well what happened was um"

"No, this is between you and me" Amna turned back to Zinar

"Definitely," he nodded "Yes and I shouldn't be involved" he said sliding out. Amir laughed at how she was taking it, she was very competitive. Sometimes for a fragment of a minute they saw the old Amna but that was about it, she was back to being caged in her nightmeres.

One of the maids knocked the door to inform Ahmad and Amir that Abu wanted to see them. They walked to his office, Mamma was seated opposite him.

"I was just telling your mother about a new expansion. Its in Nigeria," he informed.

"That's a good idea" Amir said

"Its not an idea its under contraction". Ahmad looked at his father uninterested, he was already hoping that was all he wanted to say so he could leave the room. "You'll be travelling there in some months. I want you to check how things are going" he ordered Ahmad.

"Zinar would need me I don't think I would have the time" he said coolly. Asiya heaved hoping things would end well.

"Hasanan, then Amir you'd find time to check on things" he said and Amir nodded.

"Please stop gripping the wheel like that" Zinar said beside him "I feel its pain already" she pouted. He relaxed a bit but his jaw was still clenched.

"What sort of a man comes back home two days after his wife has been hospitalized? And his back but all he cares about is some stupid work" he fumed. Zinar was quite, She could never really understand Abu, he was close with Amna mostly, then Asma, even Amir seemed to have some sort of relationship with him. But Ahmad and Mamma were a different case. She knew he and Ahmad didn't always see eye to eye mostly because of Ahmad's unfortunate past. But the reason behind the distance between he and his wife was an enigma, she had never really seen them together having a nice cup of qahwa or just having a good chat. It was always with the whole family or not at all. He was almost always about work, if mamma was younger she would regard her as a trophy wife.

****