EPISODE 1 ~ PRODIGY Part 1

Rest In Peace to Ermias Joseph Asghedom also known as Nipsey Hussle.

Hussle

The year is 2008.

Los Angeles, Compton

The sun was out in the open and it was a Friday like any other. The Two friends , Hussle & YG were down at the basketball court , shooting Some hoops at each other.

"You can't pass this ,  motherfucker! . I dare you!"He boasted , blocking my way and marking me while I was dribbling the ball.

I chuckled as I I tricked him and quickly got past him. I jumped up like Micheal Jordan to the basket and slam dunked the ball straight in.

"Yeah motherfucker who's tha greatest? I am!" I shouted out with pride while still hanging onto the hoop. I released the hoop and landed on the ground to make fun of YG ."You can't pass this motherfucker. I dare you!" I Said mimicking Him and laughed

"Ey Watch it! remember you in my neighborhood now." He said with that scary look in his eyes and his finger pointing at me. We went to the benches and sat down.

"Damn , ain't you supposed to be at work ,nigga?" YG asked

I clicked my tongue "Took a day Off , nigga . Ain't like they were paying me anyway." I answered him & he chuckled "Everyday it's the same damn thing , these white fools be treating us hardworking black men like shit . I'm sick of that shit , you feel me?"

"I feel you , nigga. So what you're gonna do now? Gather up all those broke employees and strike or some shit?" He teased me

"I might just.." I said to YG and folded my arms ,looking at the empty basketball court.

"How's mama Hussle?" YG asked about my moms , who's currently in hospital.

"I wish I could say she ayt , nigga. Buh I be lyin to you & myself. That public hospital ain't doin her any good." I Said , still looking
at the court "and Those fucking private hospital cost a fortune . Damn!" I held my head with both hands.

"Don't worry , nigga. When I get something, I might put you on. You feel me?" YG Said , putting his hand on my shoulder. I slightly grinned & nodded my head. my attention gets taken by a black rolls Royce passing through.

"I wonder what a nigga has to do just to get that kind of ride, especially a black man." I thought about it 

"Whatcha mean ,cuz?." YG asked

"I'm just saying dawg. When you see whips like that , you expect it to be owned by a white dude. Ain't nobody gonna believe that a black man who drives a fucking foreign whip is a legitimate black man . They're gonna think he selling drugs or shit like that .especially The popo."

"That's how it is how Is ,amigo. Ain't nowhere safe for a black man to land. These motherfuckers are just gonna keep butting their nose in your business. But it ain't gonna keep us for getting this paper." YG expressed

"Speaking of Paper , I'm All tapped out. Can you loan a nigga a couple of dollars , at least to get something to eat for the fam." I requested for some money.

YG sighed & reached out for his pocket "here you go ,nigga." He passed me 400 dollars

"Word ,my nigga. God bless you." I spoke with my goofy as smile on my face

"You know I got your back ,homie. Now lemme get outta here. Got some shit to do."

"We ain't pulling up at benny's today?" I asked with my eye brows lifted

"Nah, bro but check this. The RuffWest Gang finna be chillin at the Hooker's90 club , tonight. You should pull through & get some action."

"You know I ain't down with that gang shit." I Said .

"Come on , Nip. Look you wanna be put on ,alright? So why don't you come by the crib & you can talk to Chino."

"Chino? , that big fat motherfucker who thinks he runs shit? , nah homie . I'm good." I Said , looking disgusted

"Whatcha talkin about , boy? Chino is Ayt , he the one who took me off the streets & gave me a home. I'm getting paper because of chimp & he can do the same for you."

"So you want me to roll with y'all. Gang bang and shit , always have a gun in my pocket just Incase a nigga feel like clipping me today?" I was smirking at the nigga.

"I'm not saying you have to be a part of RuffWest. I'm just saying we got some dirty work that needs to be done & you'll get paid for doing it for us....." YG Said , still trying to convince me

I sighed deeply & looked down for a sec "how much we talking?"

"Ion know , but your pockets ain't gonna be so dry after that." He answered me. 

I took a moment to think about this very well "Ayt , nigga. I'll think about coming." I mumbled

"Better make a wise choice , brother. I hate seeing you like this." He said & he walked out of the court leaving me to think about this shit. but first I gotta see somebody...

Nipsey Went to the Hospital to go visit his sick mother . When he got in the room , he found his Mom sound asleep on the Hospital bed. He was about to leave her until she started coughing and her eyes open.

"Hey there ,boy. Leaving so soon?" She said with a weak and tired voice. I came closer and sat beside her bed

"Thought you were still asleep. Didn't want to interrupt." I Said , holding onto her free hand.

"Well I was. Is your sister still at work?" She asked me

"Uhm yeah , I'm sure she's still working. Maybe she'll come by after she's done." I told her faking my smile but it wasn't convincing at all.

"What's wrong ,boy?" She asked , concerned . I rubbed my forehead and looked down for a sec , then I looked back at my moms.

"I hate seeing you like this. All these machines hooked up on and you stuff. This cancer ain't sittin well wit me , ma." I spoke , rubbing her hand & biting my upper lip.

"Boy , I'll be fine. Don't worry yourself too much about your old mama. If the lord says it's time to go , then it's time to go." She softly said. I felt a tear slowly jerking out of my eye & shit.

"Don't say that. Please don't ever...

"It's the truth , Ermias. If the lord wants me to come home , then who am I to argue with his request."

I ran my hand down my face , wiping the small tear along. And came closer to kiss her forehead. "I promise you , I'm gonna make some cash & I'm gonna Put you in Those fancy hospitals that can actually save your life. I love you ,mom."

"I love you too , baby." She spoke with her raspy and tired voice. I stood up from the seat & walked out of the room so she could rest. Found myself out of the hospital not knowing what I should do.

"I went crazy when my dad passed away in High school. If my mom dies as well , I don't know what I would do to myself. I gotta fix things and give her proper medication & treatment.but where am I gonna get fast money......Seems like YG's offer was all I could think about......even though it ain't my lifestyle......

____________________________________________________
END OF PART 1
KEEP OR DELETE?
Comment & tell me what ya think