EPISODE 50 - GREED & FORGIVENESS

The Game

"Say your last prayers cause I'm gonna rip your heart out, punk!"

He pulled the knife out of my thigh... His boys got me from the ground and made sure I don't move a muscle by grabbing onto both of my arms. I watched that knife as he Held it in the air ready to insert it in my chest......

This was it. Game over for the game. Once I saw that knife coming my way, I realized there's nothing I can do. My life instantly flashed before my eyes, but suddenly tables turned when someone from behind caged the latter into headlock.

"Back away from the kid or else I break his goddamn neck!"

It was that old man from before. He threatened the two thugs that were holding me. They watched their leader struggle to breathe from the tight headlock they imprisoned him in. He was trying to escape but that grip was definitely tight.

"I said back away from the kid!" He repeated. They instantly let me go and I collapsed on the cold floor. It's like they feared him....

"Good..."

The old man kept his end of the bargain and released the guy with the scar from a very dangerous headlock. He traveled to the ground as well.

"Now get the fuck outta here now!" He shouted and they all ran out of my cell like a bunch of cowards. I on the other hand was severely injured. They brought alot of damage to my body. I just layed down there try to breathe as much as I can. Moving my body would just add more pain to my wounds

"You okay, Young blood?" The old man asked once he got closer and scooched down next to me.

"W-who are you?" I spoke with an extremely tired voice.
"That other day... You called me by my name. How'd you -

He stopped me from talking by putting his finger near my face.

" Who I am is not important right now. We need to get you to the nurse. " He insisted

Hussle

After a morning session at the gym, Lana was glad enough to accompany down to the hospital so I can see my mother. I haven't been able to visit her and the guilt would consume me if I continued this way.

We arrived at the door to her room and I saw Lisa through the glass window. She was sitting on a chair near our mother's bed. She looked so sad. Then I realized me and Lisa weren't in good terms so I don't want her to fight with me right here in the hospital.

"You know what, I'll just visit her another time. Come on, let's bounce."I said quickly I turning my wheel chair around.

" What?! We just got here!" Lana wasn't too pleased with my suggestion. Once she looked at the window, she Realized why and just shook her head with dissapointment.

" That's it. This has to end right now." She decided to March into the room.

"No wait, Lana I-"

"Dije que esto está terminando ahora mismo. Fin de la discusión!"

Once she spoke in Spanish, I knew she wasn't having it. Not a word I say was gonna change her mind

Lana

I got in the room and quietly closed the door. My eyes linked Lisa and I beamed brightly.

" Hey Lisa, long time no see." I said still pushing smile towards her. She looked confused. I guess she doesn't remember me.

" Do I know you? "Her query was from being unclear. I just hope she hasn't forgotten alot about me.

" it's me, Lisa. Lana? "I gave her my name just to jog her memory