forty two. i'm sorry

EDITED AUGUST 22, 2021

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare," Luther spoke out to the group. 

Five sighed, taking it all in. Despite how much he wanted to believe otherwise, everyone was making complete sense. How could Eight possibly be the cause for the end of the world?

"For what?" Vanya asked from the side. "To do whatever it takes to stop Eight." Luther mumbled.

"Bullshit!" Five exclaimed, standing up from his chair. "You are not going to touch her!" he screamed, full of hatred towards his brother. There were many appropriate options that they could team up for so that it would work, and killing the love of his life was definitely not the one.

"We may not have a choice, Five." Luther mumbled, the feeling of guilt still clouding up on his chest. He should have thought of more ways to handle the situation with Allison earlier, but instead he used his emotions, not logic. Now it's all his fault that Eight was going crazy.

"Bullshit. There's always options." Diego spoke out from the sideline. He loved Eight, and killing her would have left a huge hole in his heart.

"Yeah, like what?" Luther asked in annoyance.

"I don't know."

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Eight. And fast, okay? She could be anywhere." Luther stated. 

Vanya sighed, looking at her hands. How come this was happening to Eight?

"We have a 10-52 at the Icarus Theatre. Multiple officers injured." A voice coming from Diego's intercom stated. Diego looked at it in surprise, holding it up. "This has got to be her."

"Hello." A blonde woman in a uniform of the bowling place they were in greeted,m with a huge fake smile on her face. "I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you gotta leave." she pointed to the manager who had an angry look on his face.

"Whose turn is it?" Diego asked in annoyance. He should have chosen a more private place for them to settle this. "I'll go." Vanya mumbled, throwing the ball that hit two pins before she situated back on her seat.

"We're the only ones capable of stopping this. We have a responsibility to Dad." Luther spoke out. Diego sighed in annoyance, pointing a finger at Luther. Even until the end, he was still making it about him and Reginald. "To Dad? No, I've heard enough about—"

"He sacrificed everything to bring us back together." Luther argued.

"I'm with Luther on this one. We can't give her a chance to fight back. There are billions of lives at stake." Vanya spoke out.

"No! There's got to be another plan! I don't want to lose her!" Five screamed in anger. All of the siblings sat in the bowling alley with shock on their faces. It was evident that Five really loved her, even when they were still kids. "Imagine the love of your life being tore away from you." Five mumbled. Luther sighed to himself. The mere thought of Allison dying hurt his heart more than he could imagine. But there wasn't another way.

"I think I can help." Vanya spoke out. "With... my powers."

-

Atom by atom, Eight started to destroy everything. A huge smile was plastered on her face as she saw everything around her started to crumble in her sight.

"Eight!" Vanya called out from the end of the room. The smile on her face was immediately replaced by a frown as she flicked her hand, making Vanya crash into the marble wall. To her surprise, Vanya stood up, gathered energy from the sound around her, and in one swift movement, turned it into energy.