seventeen. delores

Extra Ordinary : My Life as Number Seven
Chapter Eight : Eight Hargreeves

Eight Hargreeves. The sibling that was favored by almost everyone; the one sibling that was the only person strong enough to talk back at dad, which sadly harmed her physical and mental health in many ways.

Dad didn't like her that much. I used to be Number Eight before dad decided that she would be Number Eight, saying that she was the least important of us to him, since Eight never really did anything dad wanted her to do; unless she was forced.

In contrast to what dad had said; Eight wasn't unimportant, she was helpful. Her telekinetic abilities always came in handy. While she was still at the academy, I guarantee you, things would always be randomly floating around. Whether it was toys, utensils, I even once saw Luther floating several feet into the air after a heated argument with Eight.

But, Eight had a dark side. I never really understood the second part of her powers. There was a being inside her body that could only be triggered with a certain word, and due to personal reasons, I will not say. I remember the time I saw dad force Eight to use her powers. It was terrible. Also, when she gets mad or her emotions just go spiraling out of control, this also causes to trigger the other being.

One time, my siblings were on a mission and I stayed at home, with my mom and Pogo. People I didn't know started to attack Eight and Diego, since they stayed at the Academy because of injuries. Her hair would turn black, then the iris and pupil of her eye would just weirdly disappear. After that, she would float several feet into the air, and when she touches the person who's attacking her, this causes a huge burn in the touched area and gives them immediate death.

And I was jealous of Eight. Really jealous. I mean, who wouldn't be, right? The fan favorite, the one that my sibling were always looking forward to spend playtime with, the one that Five had a crush on, the one that was super close to Ben, and Diego's favorite.

Eight made a promise to me before she had disappeared. Until now, that promise remains broken , being one of the reasons I hold a slight bitterness on Eight.

But still, I love Eight. During our times at the academy, she was the only person who had truly acknowledged my existence. My only friend.

I miss you, Eight.

-

The plan backfired.

Eight and Five couldn't handle the stress and all the anger directed towards the doctor, so they felt like they needed to visit an old friend to somehow calm down a little. The only person who's been there with the both of them for so many years, the one person who put through all their bullshit together.

Delores.

Five and Eight jumped into the department store together, hand in hand. They both held flashlights with their other free hand. Five directed the light to one of the mannequins and Eight looked up, a smile forming on her face as she was directed to an old friend. "Hi, Delores." Eight greeted. "It's nice to see you again," she smiled, putting the light on her face.

"It's been a rough couple of days." Five told her, smiling. At this moment, Eight felt so happy, so peaceful, so-

"Shit!" Five exclaimed as a gunshot rang through the air. Eight quickly ducked before the bullets could hit her. Five peaked out cautiously to see who had started shooting before jerking back away from the line of fire. "It's Hazel and Cha Cha!" he exclaimed. "Oh my god, are those two still bitter that we're the Handler's favourites?!" Eight exclaimed, before she used her powers to move Delores and bring her safely to their direction.