thirty three. murder shrine

EDITED AUGUST 20, 2021

Based on the speech she and Five had given just minutes ago, Eight guessed that they would be kicking ass right now, that she would be brought back to the old days when they were given missions by Reginald, but no.

They were in a police station, crammed up in a tight car together with the AC broken.

"Why are we in a police station?" Eight annoyedly asked from the backseat, sweat dripping down her forehead.

Diego unbuckled his seatbelt, looking out of the window as he saw several people passing by. "I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record. We gotta get our hands on this file." 

Eight sighed. Diego was really making this more complicated than it is. Five could just blink in without being noticed by anyone, and they'll have the file faster than any 'plan' that Diego had in mind.

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and just ask for it?" Allison asked. Diego looked out and stared at the rearview mirror, catching a glimpse of police officers conversing against themselves. "I know the station like the back of my hand, sis. I've spent a lot of time inside." he stated, not adverting his attention anywhere.

"Handcuffed." Allison reminded.

"Whatever. Here's the plan—"

"Plan?" Five asked in a hoarse voice. "I'm just gonna blink in and get the file."

Exactly. Eight was too lazy to intervene, but she felt a bit relieved that she and Five had the same plans in their minds.

"No, that's not You don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?" Diego argued. 

"I literally just did this yesterday." Five stated, until noticing the confused look that was plastered on Diego's face. "My yesterday, not your yesterday. It'll take me two seconds. Why don't I just go?"

"Listen to me." Diego stopped him. "You are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads." he stated, opening the door on his side before walking down a pathway. 

Eight sighed, leaning on her backseat. "That's what a leader does. He leads," she mumbled in a mocking tone, loud enough for Allison to hear.

After waiting a few minutes while Diego still hasn't returned, Eight sighed and opened her door, walking down the alleyway where Diego had previously gone. An expatriated sigh left Allison's mouth as she opened her door, letting herself out.

"Eight? What are you doing? Diego said stay here!" she whispers yelled. Eight turned her heel to look towards the curly-haired woman, an unamused look written all over her features. "I'm Diego's favorite, he can't stay mad at me for long." she smiled, walking towards Diego when she had seen him with a man.

"I just.." she heard Diego mumble. Eight started making her way towards the two when she had seen Diego struggling to get the file they needed. Their gazes were now adverted to her when they had heard her footsteps coming. Diego looked at her in annoyance, "I told you to stay in the car—"

"Hi! I'm Diego's sister." she smiled, holding out a hand for the man who wore glasses to shake. "I would really appreciate it if you give my brother the file that we so desperately need, a lot of lives are at risk." she smiled. The man shuffled uncomfortably, sending a glance towards Diego's direction. "I-I could get fired for this."

"That file. It won't bring Patch back, but it could save some lives." he sighed, looking towards Eight. "My sister and I can't explain how... I just need you to trust me," he instructed. The man sighed, shifting around nervously. "Alright." he was defeated. "But your sister needs to come with me and get it. I don't know how much trouble I'll get into if you come with me."