twenty eight. Excerpt from Reginald Hargreeves' Journal.

EDITED AUGUST 19, 2021

Excerpt from Reginald Hargreeves' Journal.

November 1, 1997.

It has come to my attention that Number Eight and Number One had a huge fight yesterday. Number One Had to go to the infirmary today after Eight attacked him (or so Three says). Number Five was involved in the fight after Number One had punched Number Eight.

Number One has a bleeding nose, a knife cut (possibly from Number Two) and a weirdly infected and burnt arm after Eight had touched him ; must look into Eight's powers further.

November 2, 1997.

Number One has awoken today after being unconscious in the infirmary, says that his arm got infected after Number Eight had touched him. Says that Number Eight "lost the color in her eyes." and that her hair turned darker; must research more about this.

Number Eight and I had a one-on-one training today. Aside from telekinesis, another possible power needs to be found. Had been noticing Number Eight writing the words "akahnitamud" almost everywhere ; again, must research more about the word.

Number Two and Number Eight has started to call Nanny 'Mom'. Have tried to break them of the habit but efforts are fruitless. Could be used for manipulation. Have to tread carefully. Makes me wonder why they think a robot would love them back.

January 22, 1998.

Went on a mission. Museum being robbed. Monitored the children with built-in cameras. The public does not know anything about the children yet.

Number One was useful; the robber threw a giant artifact on him, managed to catch it, and put it back in its rightful place. Threw a man out of the building. Killed four people. Very useful for future missions.

Number Two was almost hit by a bullet (Number Eight deflected it for him.) Same as always, boring. But useful. Knives need more redesign, lack speed. Managed to kill 5 people. Boasts about this to Number One. Number Eight and he are very close to the nanny.

Number Three is also useful. Did not kill anyone but made some robbers kill each other using the rumor. Great for a distraction. Using powers more. Rumored me into giving them Ice Cream after completing the mission that was given to them today. Must be controlled, powers can not alter technology, make nanny watch her more. Number One and Number Three are very close ; possible romantic interest.

Number Four was talking to spirits the whole time ; almost got killed but Number Five spacial jumped to him and caught the bullet using his hand. Needs to be more focused. Managed to steal a music device that I do not know where is from. Stole a beer from my cabinet ; enjoys it. Must keep alcohol away from him, possible addiction.

Number Five killed seven robbers. Number Eight and Number Five make a good team, a possible alliance. Spacial jumps expanding to further distance. Starting to notice time-traveling skills. Must make Number Five focus on spatial jumps. Intelligent.

Number Six is reluctant to use powers. When he does, he seems to have less control over them— killed 12 robbers, the most. Powerful but scared of powers. Powers need more control. Number Six and Number Eight seem to have a friendship.

Number Seven tries so hard to be special. Started to play the violin; plays beautifully. Number Seven and Number Eight have started to talk to reach other, possible friendship. Must talk to Number Eight, think of a punishment for defying orders about being close with Number Seven.

Number Eight killed ten robbers. Made them choke to death. Very useful, telekinesis helps a lot during missions. Gun comes in handy. Struggles with deflection of bullets, managed to save Number Two. Did more research about this "akahnitamud" turns out to be a mythical creature that has no irises or pupils, killed family by touching them, touch gives an unknown infection, resulting in immediate death. Why didn't Number One die? Must test using the name of the being on Number Eight. Intelligent, possibly Number Five dragging her into the library to study with him. Must punish Number Eight, always defies orders. Learned how to curse, possibly from Number Four.

January 31, 1998.

Gave children a free day. Focused on researching more about Number Eight's powers.

February 4, 1998.

One on one training with Number Eight again today. Tried to use "akahnitamud", turned out badly. In conclusion, Number Eight shares her body with a being that can only be summoned using it's name, or spiraling emotions. Much like Number Six.

October 29, 2000.

Nanny gave children names. Number One is Luther. Number Two is Diego. Number Three is Allison. Number Four is Klaus. Number Five decided to reject a possible name for him. Number Six is Ben. Number Seven is Vanya. Number Eight, along with Number Five have rejected any possible names given to them.

Number Eight is becoming more skilled in mathematics. Number Four made her try beer, ended up not liking it. Number Two and Number Eight are starting to become close after I had started to make them battle against each other.

Number Eight continues to defy orders. Locked her up as a punishment. Ended up breaking down. Now has full control of telekinesis.

November 12, 2002.

Number Eight screamed at me after forcing her to battle with Number Two. Locked them both up as a punishment and kept them in there until they had the courage to fight. Both needed to go to the infirmary.

November 18, 2002.

Number Two and Number Eight attacked by something called the commission. Must research more about this. Both killed the two attackers, nothing from the academy harmed whatsoever. Proud of them.

November 20, 2002.

Number Five and Number Eight went missing. Does not take missions seriously. Not a big loss. Shame on those powers, though. I hope they enjoy whatever time period they're stuck in. Good riddance to them.

Number Seven leaves peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches for them up in-front, and leaves the lights on for them. Cries herself to sleep.
Number Six cries himself to sleep as well, probably because of close friendship with Number Eight.

It is possible that Number Four realizes that Number Five and Number Eight are not dead.