twenty five. vietnam war

EDITED AUGUST 18, 2021

When Klaus had left the room, Five stared at Klaus' desk for a moment, before grabbing a paper and a pen. Eight walked towards his direction, curious of what his new plan was going to be, considering that they didn't have the briefcase. She watched as Five was muttering a few words, before eventually writing on the paper.

WE HAVE YOUR BRIEFCASE.

"But we don't have the briefcase?" Eight asked, confused by his actions. She's seen it explode, so why was Five claiming otherwise?

"I have a plan. But it's just a backup plan since I'm going to finish the equations first." Five muttered. Eight looked outside Klaus' room when she saw Diego bringing his case that contained all of his knives.

If she didn't supervise him, he'd end up dead.

"I'm going to go with Diego. That idiot needs protection. See you when I see you. Love you." she said in a rush before quickly giving Five a kiss on the cheek. She heeded the man who was clad in leather as he walked down the hall.

"Diego!" she called out, running after the man and catching up on him. The thought that this wasn't a good idea and maybe she should've just silently followed him crossed her mind, but it was too late. What was done has been done.

"I told you, Eight. I'm going after Hazel and Cha-Cha." he dismissed, not even looking at her.

"I know." Eight stated, which made Diego paused and look in her direction in confusion. "If you're going to kill Hazel and Cha-Cha, you need me," she added.

Diego sighed, before proceeding to walk away once again. "Come on."

As they walked down the stairs, Diego caught a glance at Klaus. The skinny man was staring at the ceiling, looking at the chandelier that had just fell down. "What happened here?" he wondered, looking at the mess that the two masked assassins had made.

"You look like shit," Diego commented, walking to the gates.

"Why, thank you. Hey, where you both going?" Klaus asked, looking at Eight and Diego who were about to leave.

"Nope." Diego dismissed, already knowing what Klaus had in his mind.

"What?" Klaus commented, looking over at Diego.

"I'm not giving you a ride."

"Oh, come on, man. You know I can't drive." Klaus sighed, stopping Diego from his tracks.

"I don't c-" Diego stuttered over his words, which made Klaus smile.

"Okay, great. I'll just get my things. Two minutes." Klaus patted Diego in his back before going back up to get his things. Diego let out a sigh, looking over at his sister. Eight just shrugged, making her way out of the house.

-

Eight looked out the window, watching as the rain poured. It had been silent in the car for a while, which was rare considering they had Klaus with them, the only person who wouldn't keep his mouth shut since they were children.

"You okay?" Diego questioned Klaus, starting to grow concerned. The fact that the noisest kid he's ever known hasn't said anything spoke waves to him, and Diego immediately knew that something was wrong. Klaus didn't reply, instead, he took another swig of the beer Eight had assumed he had stolen from Reginald's beer cabinet.

"Wow." Diego chuckled. "This is a first. My brother Klaus is silent. The last time you were this quiet, we were 12. Ran down the stairs wearing Grace's heels, tripped over, and broke your jaw. How long was it wired shut again?" Diego wondered, looking towards the junkie's direction.