sixteen. the eye

EDITED JULY 12 2021

"So how are we going to do this, exactly?" Eight asked Five as he stopped driving the car. As a child, she always thought that car rides were the absolute worst, but as she grew up and lived in the commission, it made her realize that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, she quite enjoyed them; purely because of the memories she held with Five in them whenever they had a job that needed it.

Five paused for a moment, unsure of their next move. "I don't know." he admitted, getting out of the car.

Eight gave him a confused look as she started to follow Five as he made his way towards the prosthetics department. "Look, love. Let me do the talking. I know how you're a little... aggressive."

"Sure," he answered as a man looked towards them. The walk was so fast that none of them even noticed that they've arrived.

"Uh, can I help you?" he called, standing beside the front desk.

Two children in uniform. Must be a sight to see.

Eight turned away from Five and towards the man. He glanced down at the eye that was on Five's hand before they both walked towards the man for them to see. "Hi. Me and my... uh, brother.." she cringed slightly, "need to know who this belongs to."

The man seemed confused on how blunt Eight had said this. "Where did you get that?" the man asked, glancing between Eight and Five who stood in front of him.

"Why do you care?" Five argued. The girl couldn't help but sigh. Like she said, aggressive.

Eight jabbed Five at his side, a physical reminder that she was the one who needed to do the talking. He didn't seem to care.

"We found it. In a playground, actually. Must have popped out." He lied, clicking his tongue and ignoring Eight once again.

"We just wanna return it to it's rightful owner." Eight explained, making the woman behind the desk smile because of their fake thoughtfulness.

"Aw, what thoughtful young children. Your father must be so proud of you two." Eight grimaced a bit when the woman mentioned father , who was never proud of them, but proud of their powers.

"Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" Five said, maintaining his not-so-friendly smile.

"Uh, I'm sorry. But patient record are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you." the man said and Eight rolled her eyes. Did he think they were stupid?

"Yeah. We know what that means," Eight hissed, her kind demeanor falling apart. She was growing frustrated.

"But, I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye and return it to it's rightful owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just–" the man stated, reaching to grab the eye from Five's hands.

Eight pushed Five further away so the man couldn't reach it. "Yeah, you're not touching that eye."

"Now, listen here young man–" the man begun to say, but Eight watched as Five hastily grabbed the collar on his coat, pulling him down to the level of his face. "No you listen to me, asshole." Five barked, making Eight laugh at the scared expression the man held on his face. "I've come a long way for this, through some shit that your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so give us the information that we need, and we will be on our merry way." Five said with a terrifying smile. "And if you call me young man one more time, I'm going to put your head through that damn wall." Five yelled.

"Oh dear," the woman behind the counter stated, causing Eight to look at her direction. The woman stared at Eight for a few moments before Eight had given her a creepy smile. "I'm going to call security." she stated, scared of both Eight and Five.