two. peanut butter and marshmallows

EDITED ON MAY 17, 2021

Eight always loved the night.

Stars shone as sugar spilled over black marble, glistening in the sun. The night sky was such a welcome sight, appearing like magic at each sunset, promising to return as she faded in dawn's first light. There were times in the daytime, under skies of blue, Eight would think of those faraway stars and how they'd return after the shadows blended into the dark.

Eight smiles, feeling the wind blow her hair into a tousled mane. Were she out there in space, riding the limits of the known universe, they would be a choreographed blizzard. How the stars would move, the galaxies tumble and dart. But for now, with her arms around the window pane and her head leaning gently on the frames, the starlight kept its familiar pattern.

Eight loved moments like these; when everything was calm. It was an amazing alternative from the chaos she would feel whenever she walked down the steps of the Academy.

It was a perfect moment. In fact, she was about to fall asleep, until a particular someone had decided to spacial jump at the crack of the night.

"Doughnuts?" Five suddenly jumped into Eight's bedroom.

"Jesus!" she exclaimed, jumping as she took her eyes away from the beautiful night sky. Again, she hated how none of them had any respect for her privacy. "Doesn't anybody in this household know how to knock?"

"It was locked." Five says bluntly, motioning to the door handle.

"It was. For privacy," Eight hissed, throwing a nearby brush towards the boy, with Five narrowly missing it. "I know we're inseparable, but I could have been changing! I was just minutes ago before you decided to barge into my room!"

It was a normal thing for the pair to bicker about very small things. They never fought, they just bickered. All the time.

Klaus once called them an old married couple. She threw him into a wall.

"And yes, I want doughnuts." she stated, suddenly feeling way more hungry than she was supposed to feel, and opened the door.

Klaus and Ben came tumbling down.

"Jesus Christ," Eight mumbled again, her brows creasing in annoyance. "Like I said, privac-"

Recovering from his fall, Klaus smiled. "What were you talking about, lovebirds?"

Eight immediately felt her face start to heat up. When she took her attention to Five, she noticed that his face was also heating up, but he had his eyebrows furrowed together.

"You were at the door. It's impossible that you didn't hear it, everything in this house is thin." Five replied, closing the door after Ben and Klaus let their selves inside.

Eight sighed, not even bothering to stop them.

"I heard doughnuts then lost interest." Ben stated, sitting down on Eight's bed. "By the way, thank you for doing that for me, Eight. Saved me from a bellyache."

"No problem." she smiled, sitting down beside him. Ben was the closest to Eight, after Five, of course. Ben was like a big brother to her, the person who always stopped her when she gets out of line.

"Blah, blah, blah! Are we getting doughnuts or are we getting doughnuts?" Klaus asked, throwing his arms up. Five sighed. He was planning for him and Eight to be the only ones getting doughnuts, but Klaus and Ben just had to intervene.