eighteen. nightmares

EDITED JULY 16, 2021

"Come on, stop crying. You look like a baby," Eight teased, in midst of the pain that was ringing throughout her body. Five's breathing quivered as he stopped crying, Eight was still okay. He stayed beside her as Grace removed her blazer and cut a piece of her shirt, revealing the bullet wound. The bullet hadn't gotten in that deep, so all Grace needed to do was to stitch both of the bullet wounds and put bandage over them.

After the whole process, Eight laid in the bed, still breathing heavily. "So, I just got shot. Awesome right?" she motioned to Allison and Luther who just stood in shock as Eight laid on the bed, her eyes half-opened. She liked to pretend that the past few minutes never happened.

Five started to caress her cheek, which Luther just stared at It reminded him so much of that time that Eight got injured from one of their first missions, and how Five was so scared about any potential harm that may come her way.

Despite Luther's blue, confused eyes, Five didn't care.

"Hey, love. Just rest, okay? I'm also kind of sleepy." Eight giggled, stiffing a yawn. Five nodded and kissed her forehead before looking towards Allison and Luther's direction. "Take care of her, will you?" he requested. Allison was in shock that Five would trust Eight with them, since he was really overprotective of the girl.

Five was about to make his way out of the room until Luther had held out a hand, stopping him from his actions. "What happened? Who did this?" Luther asked, looking back and forth between Eight and Five. "Irrelevant," Five replied, returning to his cold, usual self. He paused for a moment as he had reached the door. "And even if you knew, there's nothing you can do. There's nothing any of you can do."

-

Ben stayed by Eight's side when he had saw her state. He knew that she couldn't see him, but he still wanted to protect Eight in any way he could. Klaus was sleeping in the sofa that was in the living room, and Ben had let himself wander around the house; until he had stepped in to where Eight was.

His heart started aching as he saw the bandage filled with nothing but blood.

Ben looked at his sister in dismay. When they were younger, Eight would always protect Ben from any kind of harm that had entered his way, and Ben made a vow to himself then that he would be the one who would protect Eight when he was older. Sadly,  that vow that he had made to himself was never granted, after Eight had disappeared, and his violent death coming in.

"Oh no," Ben had muttered to himself as Eight's body started shaking. He ran his way towards Klaus, the only person who could possibly hear him, and started shouting. "Klaus! Klaus! Klaus!"

The man didn't wake up or bulge, he couldn't get himself to. He thought Ben was just one of those ghosts in his dreams that haunted him every night.

Eight jumped from her sleep, with a line of sweat trickling down her face. She started to gasp for air, struggling to breathe. Several images of her siblings deadin the apocalypse were flashing her mind, making her put her head on the gap between her knees, breathing heavily.

Then she started crying. I did it again, she thought in terror. I jumped back to the apocalypse in my sleep.

"Klaus! Are you okay? Klaus!" Eight screamed out, jumping out of her bed. She quickly put on her blood-stained blazer over her to keep her safe from the cold. She made her way towards the living room of the academy, seeing her dissembled brother on the couch with nothing but his bright underwear. Eight heaved out a sigh of relief, before making her way towards the man. It was early in the morning since there were a few rays of sunlight coming into the room.

"Thank god you're okay," she mumbled, stroking her brother's head.

The man on the floor was lifeless. Lifeless. His dark hair was scattered in multiple places, stained with dried blood; crimson. Eight gasped as she saw the Umbrella tattoo that was on his wrist. His eyes reminded her of a person she used to love so much, one of the people in the academy that had made her happy. Klaus. He was dead.

"Eight? Are you okay?" Eight sprung her attention towards her sister, Allison. She look like she had just woken up, and there was a slight mixture of worry and confusion plastered on her features. Without thinking, Eight ran to hug her sister. Only one thing on her mind, she's safe.

Eyes that used to be full of life and energy were now dull. Eight gasped as she saw the familiar mop of curly hair, knowing damn well who it belonged to. She started crying once again as she saw the familiar umbrella tattoo. Five stood by her side, comforting her. Allison was dead.

"Is Luther okay?" Eight asked, going out from the hug she shared with her sister. Her eyes were still full of tears, and Allison decided to not question the current state that she was in, instead, pointing to Luther who was eating in the kitchen. Eight smiled happily as she saw her brother, healthy and alive.

Eight let out a loud sob and fell down to her knees. Five out his hand on her shoulder as Eight was crying over Luther's dead body. He looked much, much older. His whole body was covered in ash and dirt. Luther was also dead.

Eight made her way towards her giant brother. She tapped him on the shoulder, making him look back at her. "Eight?" Luther asked in worry as he saw the current state she was in. "Are you ok-"

"Have you heard of Diego?" she asked nervously. Luther paused, before nodding. "Yup."

Eight let out a huge sigh of relief, looking down.

A man with a giant scar in his forehead was underneath all of the rubble. Five and Eight shakily made their way towards the last person they could find. He was covered in black leather, from head to toe. There was a huge trail of blood from his forehead to his chin. A knife was on his suit, making Eight know exactly who it was. Diego was dead.

The apocalypse haunted Eight, and she swore to herself that she would prevent it from happening, no matter how long it took.