thirty two. harold jenkins

EDITED AUGUST 20, 2021

"Klaus, shockingly has a point. What gives us a win this time?" Diego asked, twirling the knife around his hand. Electricity started to crackle around them, and a bright blue hue suddenly appeared, with Eight, Five, and a briefcase falling out of it.

"Je—jesus!" Allison exclaimed, backing away from the two. Eight groaned as she felt the impact of her face falling into the briefcase and Five falling on top of her at the same time. The two let out shaky breaths, starting to feel the all so familiar headache they would get whenever they dealt with the briefcase. 

"You guys, am I still high, or do you see him too?" Klaus asked, sitting up from the couch he had sat on. 

Eight tiredly made Five get up out of her back as she stumbled on the floor, with Allison and Luther catching her. It was hard to adjust to the fact that she was in the body of a teenager since she expected a sharp pain in her back but it had never come.

"Five, Eight, where have you been?" Luther asked, not really giving them time to re-adjust to their surroundings. When Eight had recovered from her fall, she looked at Luther confusedly. She was supposed to be upstairs at that timeline, doing her work. Realizing that The Commission had somewhat pulled off some voodoo shit like erasing her completely from the timeline, she looked at them in annoyance. 

"Are the two of you all right? You look like shit." Allison commented, looking at the two. 

"Who did this?"

The questions were nonstop, and Eight knew it was for good reason, but it wasn't helping hr pounding headache at the moment.

"Irrelevant." Five claimed, grabbing Allison's coffee cup. Eight was about to warn the man that the coffee tasted like shit since she had just tasted it hours ago, but Five didn't seem to mind as he gulped down the whole thing. 

"So the apocalypse is in three days. And the only chance we get to save the world is.. well, us." Five gave a sarcastic smile, holding the cup.

"The Umbrella Academy."

"Yeah, but with us, obviously. So if y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed." Now recovering from the bad headache, Eight hissed the words through one breath.

"Who cares if dad messed us up, are we going to let that define us?" Five stated as Klaus slowly shook his head as a way of saying 'no.'

"And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, Eight and I had come back with a lead. We know who's responsible for the apocalypse." Five took the rolled-up paper in his hands, unfolding it and handing it to Allison.

"That's who we have to stop." Eight informed as the rest of them gathered around the curly-haired woman, reading what was on the paper.

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison asked, looking down. 

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked. Five continued to slurp his coffee, and Eight gave them all a shrug.

"We don't know yet. But we do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse." Five replied. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now." he concluded.

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther questioned. "I don't know."

"Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?"

"And That's enough." Eight stated, looking at Diego who had a patched-up arm, from the bullet that hit him she assumed. 

"There's probably dozens of Jenkinses," Diego argued.

"Well, we just better start looking, then." Eight smiled.

"Am I the only one that's skeptical here?" Allison questioned. Eight rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?" 

"Harold Jenkins." Eight repeated, an annoyed look plastered on her face. If only they stopped questioning and had started to find Harold, they would have had a lot of time to save themselves from the apocalypse. "You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys," Klaus replied, wondering.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk," Diego told Five. 

"Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop us from coming back - and preventing the end of life on Earth." Five explained, tiredly leaning on the chair.

"The Temps what?" Allison asked, confused. 

"Our former employer." Eight took a seat on the sofa, cracking her neck. "They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days."

"So we went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. "Protect Harold Jenkins." So he must be responsible for the apocalypse." Five explained.

It was silent. Too silent. Then after a second, that's when all the voices came in, rushing at the same time, threatening the headache to come back.

"What do you mean, protect time and space?"

"Where is this Hazel, Five?"

"My skin is on fire."

"Do you have any idea - how insane this sounds?" Allison exclaimed. 

"You know what else is insane? Eight and I look like 13-year-olds. Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Eight has a witch living in her body. Everything about us is insane. It always has been." Five rambled.

"He's got a point there."

"We didn't choose this life, we're just living it." Five finished. "For the next three days, anyway."

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died. Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?" Allison rambled.

"When you all died, were we there?" Eight spoke out. Allison sighed an looked down. "You all have us now. We have the name of the man responsible. Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people." Eight begged.

"Including Claire." Five added.

"You know her name?"

"I do, and I'd like to live long enough to meet her."

"All right. Let's get this bastard."

"You had me at Gerald Jenkins." Diego spoke out, taking one of his knives. "Harold Jenkins." Eight corrected.

"Whatever. I've already lost two people this week, I'm not losing anyone else." he started to walk towards somewhere they didn't know. "And Luther?"

"Yeah, you go. I'm gonna stay and go through Dad's files. I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the Moon."

"Seriously? Now you wanna make the end of the world about you and Dad?"

"No. "Watch for threats." That's what he told me. You think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow." Luther argued.

"No, we should all stick together." Allison held Luther's hand. 

"We don't have time for this." Five annoyingly but in, tapping his foot in impatience.

"Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus, you're with me." Diego spoke out. The junkie groaned and lied down on the sofa. "Yeah. I I'm good. I think I'll, uh I think I'll pass, I'm feeling a little under the weather, so, uh—"

Eight sighed, walking out of the academy.

-