twenty three. neanderthals

EDITED JULY 20, 2021

Alcohol switches off your prefrontal cortex, a few drinks, whatever, she can still talk, but being legless drunk leaves Eight handling a Neanderthal.

To Eight, getting drunk with Five was a rock bottom for her. For the both of them.

It's not like she didn't like drinking alcohol. By all means, she knows that sometimes you just got to enjoy a glass of something nice and have a laugh, but there's this deep voice in her brain telling her that all this inebriation is cowardly.

They checked out when they needed to check in.

Eight took another drink out of the bottle when she saw Five sigh and put down the marker that he had used for writing equations on the walls. "So what, we kill Milton Greene tomorrow?" she questioned hazily, taking another swig of her beer. Five sighed, taking a long drink out of his own. "I don't know.." he slurred. "I might need to re check the equations tomorrow. " he started to laugh. "I'm not- in the b-best state of mind right now." Eight giggled, pulling down Five so that he'll sit beside her and Delores. They each took a sip of the beer bottles they have before smiling at each other like a bunch of idiots.

"Did I ever told you that I love you?" Five sleepily mumbled. They had been brainstorming while drinking so much that it went to the point that half of their work was wrong. Whenever they felt miserable, Five's solution was to drink. Rock bottom.

"You did, like nine times." Eight giggled, leaning on his shoulder. The alcohol felt like it was finally setting in, and Eight felt herself getting sleepier and sleepier by each second that was passing by. "Its true, though. I love you so much." Five mumbled, kissing Eight on her forehead. Eight let out another giggle, placing her head on his shoulder as she slowly let herself slip into sleep. "You too Five. I love you."

-

"Are they-um..?" Luther stammered. "Drunk as a skunk." Diego chuckled, making Eight's eyes open at the voices. Half asleep, she looked at her brothers "Hey.. brothers." she started laughing when she saw them, but her heavy eyelids forced her to close her eyes again. Diego sighed and picked Eight up. "Luther, pick him up. Security is coming." Diego stated, making Luther start to grumble about how he didn't like being told what to do by a number two. "Don't forget Delores." Eight mumbled to Diego, who carried her like a mother who was carrying it's newborn.

"Bring the mannequin," Diego told Luther, who brought Delores to his side. The two started to grumble when they were receiving looks from people who passed by them in the library. It was night already when they had stepped out, and the usual honking of cars was heard from the outside.

"Where are we going?" Eight slurred out her words. "Please bring me back to my family." she mumbled, her eyes opening. She glanced at the body that was carrying her, forgetting who took her. "Oh Diego! It's you!" she exclaimed, stifling a laugh. Diego shook his head and started to chuckle a bit at Eight, the girl had a soft part in his heart.

"Well, we can't go back to the house. It's not secure." Luther explained, going back to the subject. "My place is closer. No one will look for him there." Diego offered, making Eight laugh? "You live somewhere? I thought you said you were going to live with the wilderness?" Eight asked. "We were six years old, Eight. How do you even remember this?"

Five quietly gagged which made Luther scrunch his nose up in disgust. "If you vomit on me-" he threatened, but Five laughed at him, too drunk to care.

"You know what's funny?" Five managed to tap Eight on the shoulder, who looked behind at Five with a dazed smile on her face. "Hmm?"

"We're going through puberty." he laughed, looking at Diego. "Huh. Twice."

"And I-" he chuckled, holding Delores tighter. "I drank that whole bottle, didn't I?" he questioned. "That's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye. Poof, it's gone." he waved his arm around.

Diego sighed, looking back at Eight who was just staring at Five with a giant smile on her face.

"What are you guys talkin' about?" Five questioned. looking up to Luther.

"Two masked intruders attacked the Academy last night," Luther explained. "They came looking for you two. So I need both of you to focus. What do they want?" Diego looked at both of them intensely.

"They want out lives." Eight joked, gaging when she felt that she was about to vomit soon.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha." Five mumbled.

"Who?" Diego asked, turning to him.

"You know, I hate code names," Luther commented, making Eight stare at him. "Nobody cares, Number One." she hissed, making Luther groan once more.

"Ah, the best team. Except us of course." Five chuckled.

"The best of what?" Luther asked. "You know, Delores always said she hated when I drink. You should've made me a Shirley." Five giggled. Eight gagged out of a sudden, making Diego let out a soft 'ugh oh' before putting Eight a few inches away from him. The nausea clawed at her throat, and she tried to force down the bile, but it was too late. "Go on, don't let my involuntary forceful expulsion of my stomachs contents interrupt your conversation, please." she muttered when she had finished.

"Hey!" Diego yelled, calling after Five once again.

"Hm? Yeah?" Five hummed turning to him.

"I need you to focus. Eight is too hammered up right now. What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want?" Diego asked. Five stared at him, making Luther listen in anticipation of his answer. "We just want to protect you both."

"Protect us. We don't need your protection, Diego. Do you have any idea how many people we've killed? No. I'm the Four frickin' Horsemen. The apocalypse is coming." Five explained staring harshly at Diego before vomiting on Luther's side.

Diego let out a loud sigh followed by a yawn coming from Eight. "Hey.. Diego." she slurred out, tapping the man who carried her a few times. "What?" he asked, brining the girl closer. Eight pointed to a car they saw on their way. "Wanna see that car do a backflip?" she asked, her drunk mind not even waiting for an answer. Diego started to freak out when the car begun to float. "Eight. You are not making that car do a backflip." Diego stated. Eight shook her head in dismay. "But I wanted to." she argued like a child.

Diego sighed.