thirty seven. mission accomplished

EDITED AUGUST 22, 2021

Eight sat in the car, waiting for Allison to get finished being interrogated by the police officer. With the information she had gathered, it was evident that Harold Jenkins had a plan and it was also evident that he was planning to do something bad to Vanya, perhaps hurt her.

The girl looked at the mirror, before removing Allison's shades. She looked at herself in surprise when she had seen that her other eye had regained its color, and it wasn't completely white anymore. Did Akahnitamud finally decide to piss off and let Eight solve the apocalypse without her constantly stealing her body away?

As Eight was thinking to herself, Allison came rushing into the car with a worried look on her face. 

That definitely meant something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Eight questioned, looking at the frantic woman who struggled to push her car keys into the car. 

"Luntz is missing. We need to find Vanya. Now." Allison rushed, stepping on the pedal making Eight hit the front of her since she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. She quickly fixed herself, strapping on the seatbelt in a swift motion before looking at her sister whose eyes were starting to tear up.

-

It was only five, but night was starting to dawn upon them. It wasn't surprising, considering it was the time of winter solstice. Winds were coming from everywhere as Eight let the car window down to take a peek of the small cabin.

"What the fuck?" Eight questioned as she looked at the cabin. The trees, woods, leaves, everything was swaying with the soft sound of music from the violin that Vanya had played.

Eight felt her body slowly start to shake, as she quickly looked at the mirror to see that her iris was starting to turn white. The girl let out a loud curse, of course akahnitamud had to intervene at the worst possible time. It happened all so swiftly, when Eight noticed that her irises turned into a white color, unlike it's unusual disappearance. Even when she felt that Akahnitamud was already in her system, she felt confused when she still had control of herself.

Allison hurriedly went out of the car. Eight looked as Allison ran towards the porch with a worried look on her face, not even noticing the changes that happened to Eight. Eight looked in the mirror once again, catching a glimpse of herself. She was still definitely in control of her own body. There was a big chance that Akahnitamud would screw her up once again, but she needed to check if Vanya was okay.

The small girl ran out of the car and onto the porch. Solemn violin music poured out of the cabin, and small things like windchimes and chairs were softly rocking and there was a strong force of energy coming from Vanya's direction.

"Vanya, there you are. What is going on?" Allison asked as Eight entered the room. Startled, Vanya lowered her bow and came to face her two siblings, with one of them looking different than normal. "What are the two of you doing here?" Vanya asked, staring at the two up and down.

"We came to find you. Are you okay?" Eight asked worriedly, staring at Vanya who had a more or less confused look plastered on her face. 

"Yeah," Vanya answered in suspicion.

"There's something weird going on. What's causing it?" Allison asked in confusion. Eight sighed, rolling her eyes once more. It was so obvious at this point. Harold Jenkins didn't have any sort of power, it was—

"Me," Vanya replied, now sure of herself. She felt powerful as if she was a whole new person since she had discovered that she had powers.

"What do you mean, me?" Allison asked in confusion.