twenty one. lord and savior

EDITED JULY 17, 2021

Hazel and Cha-Cha began shooting mercilessly when they had hear the laugh, causing Eight to almost get hit by a bullet. Diego held her protectively behind his side, putting the harm away from her as much as possible.

Bullets continued to shower on Eight and Diego, which led her to question her past actions. Was laughing at Reginald's ruined portrait more important than her own life? Was it worth losing her life over?

They sat there, unable to do anything which caused them to be tense. The girl took in a deep breath, blame running through her veins. You're such an idiot, Eight. What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you like this?

As they sat with the sofa they were hiding behind gradually grew thinner and thinner, until she heard something that made her heart stop. A grunt.

It was followed by the silence of the bullets. Eight stood up to see Luther taking on Cha-Cha while Allison took on Hazel.

Who knew that monkey-man would be her lord and savior?

"Go somewhere safe, Eight," Diego stated, before coming to Allison's aid.

Eight started to laugh at the irony of the situation. She wasn't letting them handle Hazel and Cha-Cha on their own, not when she was the reason they were here.

Diego let out a loud grunt before he began to slam his fists at the man's back, trying to make him let go of Allison's throat.

"Let. Her. Go!" Diego screamed, each breath he took growing less. He began to punch him again, but Hazel wouldn't budge.

Eight ran to the man and jumped on him, she began to continuously jab him in his shoulder tissue but Hazel still wouldn't budge. If only she was as strong as Luther.

As if on cue, Luther stepped into the room punching the man in the abdomen with his strength. Allison gasped as she collapsed into Eight, who fell from the force. Luther let out a yell as he threw the man into the front room, making him fall down and crash beside Cha-Cha. "Who the hell are these guys?!" Allison asked, while helping Eight stand up. Eight looked at her shoulder which was beginning to bleed again, but she decided to ignore it. "You're welcome!" Luther told Diego, who let out a sarcastic laugh. "We were doing fine!" Eight exclaimed, standing up. Fighting right now wearing a uniform reminded her how much she hated wearing the skirt during missions.

"Oh yeah, you really had them." Luther exclaimed sarcastically, pointing to Allison. Diego rolled his eyes, not giving his pride up even though they were being attacked. "You ever heard of a rope a dope?" Diego argued, before bullets began to shoot again and they all ducked, to avoid getting shot.

"Who are they?" Allison whispered to Eight, who struggled to avoid all the bullets.

"They're here to kill me." Eight stated before Luther had yelled for them to get out. Allison led Eight out of the crossfire.

"Diego!" Eight screamed, trying to get back in the madness but Allison held her back, avoiding her to do so.

"Eight, go!" Diego screamed before Eight decided to go with Allison who started to run around the house.

Eight gasped when she noticed that they were being trailed by Cha-Cha, making them run down the staircase, but with Cha-Cha still following behind. Eight panted as they entered a corridor, with Cha-Cha shooting a few bullets before going back to chasing the two. Eight and Allison friskily ran towards the kitchen, avoiding the bullets that Cha Cha just kept on shooting at them.

When they had spotted the pool table, the two girls decided to stay there, and hide. They heard Cha-Cha's footsteps, slowly walking around the room, like a predator hunting for its prey. When Allison noticed that Cha-Cha was near, she took the stick that was on the pool table and hit it on Cha Cha so she would fall down.

Eight stood up from their hiding spot, and controlled the gun and threw it out of the window. Allison began to attack Cha-Cha with the stick she got, but the masked assassin had an advantage, holding up two sticks. Eight ran towards Cha-Cha, jumping on her with her small body and taking one of the sticks. She used the stick to momentarily choke Cha-Cha, before the assassin grew annoyed and threw Eight against their refrigerator. Eight let out a groan of pain when Cha-Cha begun to walk towards her, until Allison began to attack Cha-Cha. Eight ran towards the staircase where she found Diego, who looked at Allison who was now bleeding.

"Do you want to rumor this psycho?" Diego asked, putting Eight behind him protectively. "I don't need to, cause this bitch just pissed me off!" Allison exclaimed, looking back at Cha-Cha. The assassin groaned in her head, not wanting to fight with the rest of the family members anymore. "We just want her! And the boy!" She exclaimed, pointing to Eight. "Well, in that case." Allison started, charging towards the woman. She kicked Cha-Cha a few times before the assassin had gained the advantage, finding Allison's weak spot before kicking her, causing Allison to scream and fall down on the table.

Diego let out a whistle, making Cha Cha draw her attention to him. He took a few threatening steps towards Cha-Cha, which caused them to fight hand to hand. Eight ran towards Allison, helping her sister get up from the bad fall she had just had.

When she noticed that Cha-Cha, once again, was gaining an advantage, Eight made Cha-Cha float several feet into the air, before throwing her to the other side of the kitchen with all the force she could expert. Cha-Cha let out a groan, but nonetheless, stood up holding the two pool sticks.

Diego took out a stick that came from one of the games they had played when they were children, rotating it around his hand a few times.

Eight rolled her eyes at her brother who did this. Right now? He had to do this right now?

But then Eight spotted something. A small, glimmering dagger.

"Knife," Eight pointed to the object she spotted, making Allison turn towards the knife and take it.

Allison ran up towards Cha Cha, and gave her a few kicks until the assassin ran out.

"Get her." Allison told Diego, who took the knife out of her hand and threw it at Cha-Cha, who let out a groan.

"Let's go." Eight told her two siblings, before proceeding to run where they last left Luther. Allison let out a gasp when she had seen Luther's current state, "Luther!" She exclaimed, walking towards him. Diego ran towards Luther's aid whilst Eight stayed near them, looking around for Hazel and Cha-Cha. "You got to cut down that fast food, soldier." Diego stated.

The four of them looked up to see Cha-Cha standing to where the chandelier was. "Get out of the way!" Luther exclaimed as he pushed the three of them to safety. Eight reacted quickly, bringing her hands up so that the chandelier would stay put, making her scream a little on how heavy the chandelier was.

"Get out, Luther! No—" she wasn't able to finish her sentence, as Hazel came charging towards her, carrying her up on her shoulder. Eight mentally cursed herself, when she had seen the chandelier drop on Luther.

"Get. Off. Me!" Eight screamed, before kicking Hazel on his groin area, and she then proceeded to throw him out of the window using her mind. "Fucking idiot!"

Luther panted as the chandelier moved above him. Eight watched as Luther lifted the chandelier with so much ease. However, his coat had been stuck on one of the shards, causing it to rim.

Eight watched horrified as Luther stood up. There stood their Number One, not the same person he was before. He changed. He was changed. Eight realized that she wasn't the only victim of Reginald's torchere, but also Luther. They were left with so much scars.

Eight stifled a gasp before taking all her things and putting it into a bag that once belonged hers. "I need to leave," she muttered, before going out the front door.

Her and Luther were much more alike than she thought.