five. house attack

EDITED MAY 20, 2021

Eight Hargeeves was glad that she was finally getting some rest.

The traumatic event that had happened just a few weeks ago still scared her, her dreams becoming more vivid every day for some reason.

That's why Eight didn't like sleeping as much anymore. Every time she closed her eyes, the vision of her hurting Diego and Diego hurting her would always appear. The blood, the scars, the broken arm, everything was too much for her to handle all at the same time.

But, at least, Diego and she seemed to get along okay now, compared to how they completely ignored each other for a few days.

It was a gloomy Saturday afternoon. Luther, Alison, Klaus, Five, and Ben were on a mission. Meanwhile, Diego and Eight stayed in their individual rooms, resting.

It had been a few weeks after the injury, and both of them were gradually getting better. They did want to tag along on the mission, however, Reginald wouldn't allow them to. The man said that they were "frail" and "weak" at the moment, and they might disrupt the mission.

Eight wanted to slap him. She wanted to tell him that it was his fault that they were frail and weak, but after what happened from the last outburst, she decided to keep her mouth shut.

"Diego!" Eight screamed through the thin walls. The house was big, yes, but they could hear everything wherever it came from, since the walls were really, really, thin.

"What do you want?"

Eight's voice was hoarse and dry. "Get me some water!"

"Do it yourself!"

"Please?"

Grace came strutting down into Eight's room. "I heard you needed water, Eight. Here, have some." she smiled and poured down some water into the glass. "Thank you, mom." she smiled, resting unto the bed. Her throat that was once dry was now replenished with the water.

"I'm going to go check on Pogo." Grace smiled, placing down a bunch of towels on Eight's bed.

An idea suddenly popped up in the girl's mind, leading her to step out of her bed and put on her slippers.

"I'll go to Diego. I feel kind of bored in here," she stated and went to go to Diego's room, which was five rooms away from hers. It was true. She was bored. Maybe Diego could help her find something to do: they lived in a giant mansion, after all.

When she had arrived at his room, Diego was playing with his knives. Suddenly, a faint creak of the door was heard, coming from downstairs. Diego paused, placing down the knife on his bedside table. "Do you hear that?"

A few thumps were heard. "They can't be home right now. They left thirty minutes ago. Pogo is doing some work, and mom went to check on him a while ago."

Diego nodded, before pausing again. The door from Klaus's room was suddenly banged open, causing them to jump out in surprise. "Definitely not them. Diego, go get your knives."

Just as they were about to open the door, it banged open. "She's the kid, isn't she?" a man whom she didn't recognize asked to his parter, who was also a man. "She is. Get her."

Blinking, Eight looked at the two of them. Who the hell are you?

Eight took a hold of both of them using her mind, and threw them down to the other side of the room. "Run!" she exclaimed, grabbing Diego's hand and rushing them out.

They ran downstairs, and the men, who seemed to recover from the throw started shooting at them. Eight controlled all of the incoming bullets and stopped them all mid air, then quickly forced it back to them. The bullets hit their bodies, but they didn't seem to get hurt.

"Bulletproof vests," Eight muttered. Diego threw a knife to the other man's head, which hit his eye and caused him to bleed. The other man fell to the ground, now unconscious.

Diego threw another knife. The man was able to doge it, he catched the knife, and threw it at Eight, who aimed for it and gave it back to Diego.

He started shooting, again. They both ran to the kitchen, where they desperately tried to find anything that would injure the man. Another bullet was flied into their direction, in which Eight controlled once again, and avoided her or Diego from getting hurt.

"Diego," Eight started, starting to grow nervous at each passing second. "You might want to move a little," she whispered. Closing her eyes, Eight concentrated and concentrated.

"Akahnitamud." she said in a hoarse whisper. Instantly, a giant shadow hovered over her body, engulfing her as a whole. Her eyes turned white, and her hair was now in a very dark color.

Eight them started floating several feet unto the air, and the gunner continued to shoot bullets at her direction, which she all avoided. With the help of her vision, Eight took the gun he was using and threw it to the other side of the house.

The man was now terrified. The being she shared her body with was laughing uncontrollably, but in a very high pitched noise. Eight then went near the man, touching several parts of his body, until that touch suddenly burned his skin, which led him to his death.

Eight turned back to normal, as she was now back on the ground. Diego walked out of the counter he was previously hiding on.

"Who were they?" he asked, leaning down to make a quick look at the man. Half of his face was covered in blood, his arms were burnt, just like a log that was left on the fire for too long.

"Children, are you okay?" Pogo asked, walking into the scene. He examined Eight for any physical injuries, then Diego. "Thank god you're okay." he smiled and looked down on the men.

The front door banged open. Reginald came in with the rest of the children following suit. "Pogo informed me that there was a shooting that had happened in here. Is the house okay? Are you both okay, no injuries whatsoever?" he asked, looking down both at Eight and Diego.

"No, sir." Pogo had answered for them. Five teleported into Eight's side. "Are you okay?" he questioned anxiously. Eight gave him a small nod. "Yes."

"Number Eight and Number Two, please listen to me." Hargreeves called out. Diego and her attention was now fixated on him. "Do you have any injuries?"

"No." they answered in union.

"Used any furniture that belongs to me to protect yourselves from these imposters?" he asked again. Diego and Eight both replied the same answer.

"Very well then. Pogo, please ask Grace to dispose their bodies. We will not speak of this again." he stated, making his way to his office, before stopping in his tracks.

"Oh, and Number Eight and Number Two?" he asked again, looking unto their way once again. "Yes?"

"Well done," he gave a curt nod and walked to his office. Eight looked down to the man's body and looked for something, some sort of identification.

Five tapped her on the shoulder, and pointed at a card that was slightly covered in blood. Five took the card, wiping it unto his uniform until the words were readable.

"Emery J. Jones," Five whispered. Eight took a good look at the I.D, until she noticed something.

"Five... what's 'The Commission?'"