forty one. i don't want to set the world on fire

EDITED AUGUST 22, 2021

With a subtle frown on her face and her right-hand thrust out, Eight continued to destroy the place she's spent the worst years of her life in little by little. All she heard were screams coming from the inside, but she couldn't care less. She was mad. Very mad.

"Eight!" she heard a shrill voice scream from her side. Not removing her hand, she went to look at the source of the voice. "Eight! What the hell are you doing?!" Luther exclaimed. Eight didn't respond, but instead threw Luther into a car that was near the academy, making Luther groan at the force. The man was terrified. Since Eight came back, she never had the strength to even lift Luther up. But here she was, throwing him against a car which felt like absolute hell.

"Eight!" Another person screamed. Eight didn't look in the direction but instead let a blast of energy erupt from her body, making Allison, Klaus, and Diego fall to the ground.

"What the hell happened to her?" Diego asked in expatriation towards Allison who tightly held her notepad to her chest. The curly-haired woman quickly wrote into the book with capital letters. I DON'T KNOW!

Eight looked at her companions who were huddled up in a corner. A smile crept upon her face when she saw how scared they were. The smile never left as she started to make the car float several feet into the air, and threw it at their side. What looked like a force immediately pulled the three of them away, causing Eight to scowl.

"Eight!" Luther called out once again, recovering from his fall. Eight made the last floors of the academy crumble into pieces before facing Luther with a sadistic smile on her face.

If you didn't lock me up, this wouldn't have happened. A voice whispered into Luther's head.

Giving them one last smile, Eight started to walk towards the road.

"Guys." Five spoke out, looking at the group that was huddled together in the remains of the academy. "Where's Eight?" Five asked, but immediately dropped the question since he needed to discuss things far more important than her. "Doesn't matter. This is it. The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today." he said in a rush, fumbling with the newspaper he had in hand.

"I thought you said it was over," Luther mumbled, walking towards the smaller boy. Five let out a huge sigh. 

"I was wrong, okay? This newspaper, I found it in the future the day Eight and I got stuck. The headline hasn't changed." he said in a rush.

"No, that doesn't mean anything. The time could've been altered since that newspaper came out this morning." Diego mumbled, shaking his head. The situation at hand was too much for him. His favorite sister suddenly goes crazy and kills his mother and Pogo, and now Five was saying that the apocalypse is still on?

"You're not listening to me." Five snapped in annoyance. "When I found it, I assumed this place came down along with everything else. But here we are. The Moon's still shining, the Earth is in one piece, but not the Academy."

"I'm confused." Klaus mumbled, taking the paper away from Five. Five let out an annoyed sigh, snatching the paper away from the man. "Then listen to me, you idiot! Vanya destroys the Academy before the apocalypse. I thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was the fuse. Vanya is the bomb. Vanya causes the apocalypse." Five concluded.

Allison let out a shaky sob before writing in the paper as fast as she could. I called Vanya. She's coming right now. She seemed okay.

"It's Eight," Luther mumbled. 

Five let out a sarcastic laugh, looking at Luther with such amusement. "This isn't the right time to make such jokes, Luther."

"No! Hear me out. Vanya didn't destroy the academy. It was Eight."

"Stop it." Five threatened.

Allison felt goosebumps on her skin when a voice suddenly rang in her head. It was Eight. I know what you did to me.

"—you said it yourself, Five. Time is fickle. The slightest alteration in events leads to different alternatives. Vanya was supposed to be the cause of the apocalypse until you and Eight came back to this timeline. If the slightest alteration in events can lead to totally different outcomes, what more can a person entering a timeline do?" Luther asked. 

Five stopped in his tracks, taking what Luther said in. So now Luther uses that brain of his?

But why Eight? She was the one who wanted to save their family so bad, so why was she doing this?

A chopper suddenly appeared from the top, causing Diego to stand up in a hurry. "We have to go, now. Regroup in the superstar. Go!"

-

Eight walked up to the podium, seeing no one there. She had entered a theater where Vanya was supposed to have a performance, but it seemed that no one was going to perform since the first chair bailed out.

Everything came dawning upon Eight again, like some sort of PowerPoint presentation. It hurt her so much.

"Why won't you stop crying?" Luther asked in annoyance. A six-year-old Eight let out a shaky sob before Luther had decided to push her, making her fall down with a yelp.

Luther hated her. Eight's eyes glowed as she let out a surge of energy, destroying all the glass windows. She focused on the ground as it slowly started to crack.

"Eight. I don't wanna listen to you or your stories, okay. Get out. I wanna sleep." Diego mumbled, slamming the door on Eight's face. Eight looked at the closed door in dismay, holding the storybook in her chest tighter.

Diego hated her. Eight let out a small laugh when a few police officers stormed in with guns, ready to shoot.

"You need to shut up, Eight!" Allison exclaimed. Eight nodded and backed away from the rest of them.

Allison hated her. "Stop now, or we will shoot!" A police officer exclaimed. A small laugh erupted, making everyone look around as they heard Eight's giggle in their heads.

"Are you okay, Klaus?" Eight asked as Klaus walked inside the academy. She saw it when Reginald locked him in, and she felt nothing but pity for the kid. "Don't talk to me." he mumbled, walking past Eight. "Are you—" Eight started, but Klaus just looked at her in annoyance. "I said, DON'T TALK TO ME!"

Klaus hated her. Eight started to float several feet into the air as the head of the police instructed them on what to do. "Shoot in 3,2..."

Eight walked around the library, amazed by all the books she saw. She was about to take a book from a shelf that was on top until Five spacial jumped and took it before her. "Five... I was going to read that." Eight muttered. Five looked at her in annoyance, with his eyebrows stuck together. "I don't care. I got it first. Get out."

Five hated her. "One! Shoot!" The police officer screamed. A hoard of bullets came to her direction before all of it stopped midway. Eight let out a scowl as she thrusted the bullets so all of the officers would get hit.

Everyone who stormed in was dead.

With a satisfied smile, Eight continued to destroy the world.