twenty. old times

EDITED JULY 16 2021

Klaus walked through the aisles of the store, grabbing snacks and drinks. Eight shot a concerned look towards him, both of them didn't have enough money and he was taking all the food he can. The girl took a few bandages from the aisle where the medical supplies were in. Her wound was starting to bleed again, and she had figured that she needed some replacements.

"How do you plan to pay for that?" Eight asked, motioning to the shit ton of food Klaus had hoarded. "Who said anything about paying? Let's steal, just like the old times." Klaus laughed, opening the bag of chips and putting one to his mouth.

Eight looked outside, taking what Klaus had said into consideration. "But there are cops outside," she muttered, glancing at her brother who just had an amused smile on his face.

"So?"

Eight smiled, it was just like old times.

-

"I don't think I'm better than you, Number One. I know I am." Five snapped. He subconsciously directed his gaze to the store where Eight and Klaus were in. Luther scoffed at Five's statement, before looking at the store as well. "I've done unimaginable things, things you couldn't even comprehend." Five continued. "Just to come back here and save you all."

When Five had noticed that Luther payed him no attention, he followed his gaze. Five stared confused as he saw Klaus and Eight running out of the Mini Mart, arms full of sodas and junk foods and a few medical supplies. Five watched confused as Eight san away from the store, laughing and yelling. A cop began to chase after them, but he suddenly stayed still, unable to move because of Eight's power. "Hey bitches!" Klaus yelled, running down the streets with Eight behind, laughing her heart off. A car almost hit hit them, but Eight just laughed harder when Klaus hit the side of the vehicle, causing him to drop some of his snacks.

"Out of the way, asshole!" Klaus screamed, picking up some of the snacks before running again. "Now I'm starting to wonder if that was the wisest decision." Five wondered.

-

"You'll be just here, right?" Eight questioned, looking at Five in concern. All those years in the apocalypse together made her stomach churn whenever she had to be away from him. Even if it was just a minute.

Five nodded, before frowning. "Do you really have to go with them?" he questioned. Eight nodded since she really had to. Grace was always there for her when she was a child, and Eight needed to do anything to keep them from turning her off. "I need to make sure they don't turn her off."

"Alright, I'll get to you as soon as I can find a lead on the eye. I love you." Five gave her a quick kiss on the forehead.

Eight smiles. "I love you too."

Klaus smirked as Eight came out of the van, supplies in hand. "You two are so cute." he smiled, pinching both of Eight's cheeks. Eight slapped his hand, annoyed, but the giddy feeling still remained in her system as they walked back at the academy.

-

"I mean, do you think mom would really hurt dad?" Vanya questioned, a sad expression plastered on her face. Eight stayed beside Diego, an annoyed look on her face. Did Luther really think that mom would do something like that?

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore." Luther replied, making Eight scowl. "She's not Grace, she's our mother. How could you say that? She raised you." Eight spat, growing more annoyed at her brother at every minute that was passing. "Look, Eight. A lot happened after you and Five left. You wouldn't understand." Luther explained.

Eight stood out of her chair, laughing ironically. "You're damn right I wasn't. But there is one thing that I know for sure, mom would never hurt dad even if an asshole like him deserved it." Eight hissed, making Luther glance up at Eight. "So dad deserved it? You're right, Eight. Maybe Grace didn't kill dad. Maybe it was you all along."

Eight looked at Luther in surprise. Klaus worriedly watched as Eight's hair started to turn into darker shades, and that's when Luther knew hell was about to break loose.

"You- you asshole!" Eight screamed, her voice turning into the being that they all feared. Her emotions were spiraling out of control. "I've come a long way with Five just to save your pathetic ass and that's all you do? Do you accuse me of something that I didn't even do? You accuse Mom?" she screamed, her pupils slowly fading. Luther started floating several feet into the air, unsure of what was going to happen. He held onto his neck for support, and Eight stood there, laughing with a high-pitched voice. "Pathetic-"

"I heard a rumor, that you felt sleepy, and you need to sleep."

That was the last thing she heard before blacking out.

-

"Ugh," Eight groaned as she went awake. She was asleep in her old bedroom until she saw a figure watching over her. Startled, she threw the thing she had on her bedside, which caused the man to groan. "Jesus Christ, Diego!" she screamed, sitting upright.

"You never knock, do you?" she stated, looking out her window. It was dark, and Eight didn't know what happened ever since Allison had put her to sleep. Diego groaned in pain as he felt the heavy gun hit his head, choosing to ignore her statement with a snide comment. "Even when we were children, I didn't really understand why you had a gun in your nightstand," Diego said, rubbing his forehead.

"I don't know either." Eight muttered, taking the gun and checking the bullet chamber. When she had seen that there were no more bullets, she took her stash that she hid underneath her bed and filled it up with bullets. She started to walk outside and Diego shot her a confused look, where the hell was she going with a gun?

"Hey, Eight? Where are you going?" Diego jogged down to catch up to his sister. "I'm just about to go shoot Luther." she replied nonchalantly, and paused when they had heard another gun cocking. They paused for a moment until Eight saw their faces, "Diego, watch out!" she exclaimed as she grabbed him by the abdomen, tackling him behind the wall. Diego kneeled, pushing Eight behind him as he threw both of his knives, and threw them at Hazel and Cha Cha which only hit their animal themed helmets.

Eight and Diego hid behind her bedroom, panting. "Who are these people?!" Diego exclaimed, looking at Eight. She heaved out a sigh before looking if the coast was clear.

"They're here to kill me. And Five," she stated, while she waited for the two attackers to show up. Eight started searching her body for the gun she previously had, before sighing. The gun was missing.

"Get out of this house, go somewhere safe," Diego said, protectively standing beside Eight.

It was too late. Hazel had appeared in their line of sight, and Diego let out a yell, attacking him. Diego twisted the gun out of the man's body before repeatedly punching him in the stomach to stun him. Eight stood in front of Diego, slowly making her way to Cha Cha. The woman shot a few bullets before Eight took control of all the bullets in one hand, and made the woman hit the locked door behind her repeatedly. Eight took one of the bullets, and with a quick move of her hand, she made it go back to her so the bullet would hit her leg. Cha Cha let out a groan of pain before Hazel screamed. "Cha-Cha, shoot him!"

"I have my own problem, you dumbass!" Cha-Cha exclaimed before standing up. Eight kicked the gun out of Cha-Cha's hand, before throwing her body to where Hazel was. The two masked assassins let out a groan of pain before Eight ran to Diego, and grabbed his hand as the bullets went after them. Eight jumped out of the railing that kept them falling into the living room, with Diego following suit.

They both became silent as the gunshots stopped, making both of them hide behind the couch. Diego and Eight used the table behind them for cover, until Eight caught a glance of Reginald's painting, filled with bullet holes. Eight tapped Diego's arm, then motioned the the painting.

It wasn't a good time, hell, it was the worst time, but they laughed.

Which caused Hazel and Cha Cha to find them.