nine. ice cream

EDITED MAY 20, 2021

WHERE IS NUMBER FIVE, SIX, AND EIGHT?

Today marks as the fourth year of Eight and Five's disappearance from the Umbrella Academy. Now, Number Six has disappeared from the eyes of the public as well.

So, where are Five and Eight first? Today, Reginald Hargreeves decided to speak about the disappearances of his adopted children, with a room for press conference.

Sir Reginald had stated that "Five and Eight weren't taking the missions seriously and decided to run out of the house together. I do not know where their whereabouts are, nor do I care. The two children don't grasp the concept of saving the world seriously"

People started to wonder whether or not what Reginald said was true. There was a spotting of Five and Eight going through a portal in a shop that was located near the academy.

Reginald had revealed that he passed away during a mission for Number Six. Our press tried to ask for more details, but Reginald refused to give some more. He just quoted his death with it being "gruesome and violent."

Five, Six, and Eight are undoubtedly powerful. Without them, will the Umbrella Academy be an effective crime deterrent?

-

25 YEARS AGO, APOCALYPTIC TIME.

"Love," Eight called out to Five. Five rushed in frantically. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

They were now both 33. As if predicted, Eight aged to be a beautiful woman. Whilst Five was a handsome man, and it was no doubt that if they had aged properly, a lot of girls would be head over heels for him. They both had became really thinner since the past few years.

Eight dug out a worn out bottle she had saw from the house they had decided to camp in for a while. There were several bottles of beers in there. The mere thought of liquid going down on Eight's throat felt like a bliss to her. They both hadn't had any liquids for almost six days.

Five started to laugh, and pulled out Eight, kissing her. Eight felt herself melt into the kiss, loving how it felt. It had been a rough 20 Years since they got into the place, but they adapted.

"I love you," Five said, cupping her cheeks. He had felt so much admiration for the woman who was in-front of him. "I love you too." Eight nodded and took out the bottles she could find. They had managed to get nine bottles of beer.

"Okay, these will more or less last for a week." Eight instructed, pouring down the beer unto the glass containers they had found, which miraculously wasn't affected by the apocalypse. Eight poured down a cup for Dolores.

"I'm not going to drink that," Dolores said, or both of them imagine Dolores said. Eight frowned, staring at the wine glass she had poured for her friend up and down. "Please?"

Dolores had told them that she hated when they drunk beer, in which Five had just rolled his eyes to. "Come on Delores, we wouldn't survive if we hadn't had alcohol."

"Has a point." Eight stated and leaned back onto her chair. All she could do was stare at the man she loved with all her heart. This was life for them. Maybe it wasn't what they could have wanted, since nobody wanted to be living in a world where beer is your only source of liquid and you need to eat cockroaches for dinner, but they were thankful they had each other.

"Do you know what I miss right now?" Eight asked. Five turned towards her direction, not before gulping his beer. "What is it?"

"I miss taking a bath." Eight had stated, and involuntary looked at her current state. Her hair was long again, and her whole body was filled in what looked like ashes. Lucky for her and Five, they had managed to find a closet that had clothes that were appropriate for every season there was.

"Remember that time that we all danced? When dad was out for a business meeting, and Pogo was out doing some errands." Five stated, starting to laugh at the fond memory. "Of course. How could I forget Tiffany's I Think We're Alone Now?" Eight remembered this very clearly. Diego and Luther were fighting in the dining table, since Reginald was gone and Grace had allowed them to talk with each other. The argument resolved with Five, Klaus, and Eight siding with Diego, while Ben, Vanya, and Alison sided with Luther. They had a huge mess at the dining table that day, and Diego was met with a bruised eye from Luther. Luther, however, got a bleeding nose because of Diego.

Everyone was annoyed at each other that day. Then music suddenly came blasting from Luther's room. It was fun. The next day, they were all back to their normal selves.

"You remember that time, when we were eight years old? We got ice cream on our first mission?" Eight asked. Five nodded and started smiling at the fond memory.

-

"Can we have ice cream?" the seven children asked Reginald after completing their first mission successfully. Reginald shook his head, pointing them to come inside the car.

"Does that mean we wont have ice cream?" A younger Allison asked, Reginald shook his head. "It is a waste of time. You all should be headed home now."

"But–"

"There will be no buts, Number Two." Reginald scolded at a seven year old Diego. Allison felt sorry for her brother, and they all really wanted to get some ice cream, so she did what her young mind could do.

"Dad?" Allison called out. When the man's attention was now on her, she wasted no time. "I heard a rumor... that you let us go get ice cream."  Reginald's eyes suddenly flashed into a gray color. He then instructed the butler to go get them some ice cream.

Admits to their distraction, the seven children forgot about Vanya, the only one left in the gigantic house with Pogo and Grace.

Looking through the window, Vanya started to cry when she saw how much fun her siblings were having. It was like as if she wasn't even there.

It was like she wasn't even their sister.