thirty six. cheddar the cop

EDITED AUGUST 22, 2021

"How are the victims?" Eight asked, looking over the line. The cop looked in confusion as he stared at the girl. "How did you—"

Before he could say anything, his radio went off, causing his attention to divert back on the case he had. "Copy, Cheddar?" One of the policemen asked through the radio. Eight let out a loud snort, looking at Allison. "His name is Cheddar. Like the cheese." she started to laugh, causing the woman to sigh and give her shades to the smaller girl. "Wear this. Your eyes are still half colorless." she instructed. Eight was still giggling as she put the shades on, watching as Allison talked to the cop once more.

As far as from Eight heard, one of the victims regained consciousness, and was confined in a hospital. "Allison freakin' Hargreeves." he chuckled, not believing that he was talking to a T.V star. "My wife isn't going to believe this."

"Can we come?" Eight asked, looking at the man. She stopped herself from laughing when she realized that they only had a few days left and laughing at another man's name was none of her priorities. 

The man took his attention from the movie star and looked at the smaller girl who had shades on. "Oh my god! You're the kid who went missing a few years ago. The one that 'raised from the dead.'!" he made quotation marks.

Eight uncomfortably looked at the officer. "That's why we're here, actually. She's my manager. I'm here to research a role, a law enforcement role." Allison lied, her acting skills coming very in handy as they talked to the officer.

"Jackpine cove? We haven't had a murder here in years." The cop stated warily, looking at the two. "It's about a small town, big issues, perfect for research." Eight entered in, making the cop think about considering it. Because he was dealing with Allison freaking Hargreeves, he couldn't help but accept her offer. "Follow me." The cop said in a cheerful voice as he led Eight and Allison into his car.

"Okay, Officer Cheddar." Eight laughed loudly, causing Allison to shove her on the side.

-

Eight walked into the cubicle as she went in. She and Allison were almost at the hospital where one of the perps was, but she had felt this absolute need to pee. She had somehow convinced Allison to let her stop into a gas station. Like most bathrooms, it was pretty dirty with a glass mirror that was filled with dust and what seemed to look like cigarette burns.

Eight looked at the sink in a disgusted manner as she was about to wash her hands but refrained herself when she had seen how dirty it was. She was about to leave until she slowly felt her consciousness slipping away. It was slow, like when there's blood being removed from you. "No." Eight whispered, knowing what was bound to happen. She hurriedly put her shades back on as she ran out of the cubicle, running to Allison's car.

Fucking Akahnitamud.

Allison looked in worry as she saw Eight gasping for air as if it was being sucked out of her. "Eight?" the curly-haired woman asked, holding out an arm on her shoulder. 

"No!" Eight screamed, her voice sounding distorted. "Drive!" Eight exclaimed, her voice normal. 

Allison watched in horror while she stepped on the pedal, constantly looking over at Eight who was groaning in her seat until it stopped after a few seconds.

"Hello, Allison." The pleasant voice said once again.

Shit. Allison thought to herself as she kept her eyes on the road, not paying attention to the witch who possessed her sister, thinking that that was a way for the being to feel that she had no use, and that she'll somewhat go away.

"I know what your doing, Allison. Mommy always used to do that to me as well." The witch who was in the body of Eight said. "She and daddy were always gone... When I killed them it didn't feel any different." Eight started to laugh. Allison hitched her breath, scared of her own sister. If Eight came to touch her any moment, she would be dead. Allison needed to be careful of her words since pissing the witch iff would definitely cause a lot of problems.

"I just wanted you to know that I can see through Eight's other eye now. I also can do this." Eight mentioned, making a feather she saw float. "I can control her powers now. And oh boy, I'm going to have fun with it."

Allison frowned as Eight suddenly gasped for air, her regaining her own consciousness. The girl shakily looked at Allison, fear evident in her eyes. Fear of herself.

"I don't want to know it anymore," she mumbled, closing her eyes as a remedy for making herself forget about the witch. Her own problems didn't need to be solved first; what she needed to do was to save her family.

-

The man who laid down on the bed looked like one of those typical thugs that you see in T.V shows or movies. There were bruises and blood covering most of his face, and he looked like he was in a lot of pain. Eight sighed to herself as she examined the man. No normal human can put that much damage on a man. If this was Harold Jenkins' doings, Vanya's life may or may not be at risk.

"Mr. Luntz, can you hear me?" Cheddar asked. The man let out a groan as his eyes came to flutter open as he saw a view of a cop, a beautiful woman, and a kid who wore shades even though they were indoors.

"Who um.. who are you?" The man asked groggily, looking at each and one of them. "I'm Sergeant Cheddar. These are my associates." he motioned towards Allison and Eight, before giving Allison a wink as he felt all giddy inside as he was acting with a five star actress. "Just have a couple of questions for you."

"Am I in trouble?" The man asked, feeling anxious, eyes trailing over to Eight. "Why is your associate a kid?"

"No trouble, nothin' like that." The cop replied, his thick accent becoming more evident as he spoke. "I just I wanted to ask you about the accident in the Bearskin Tavern parking lot last night." he stated, taking out a notepad to record all of the details he'll receive.

"You're a cop. You gotta protect me no matter what, right?" he sighed.

"It's my sworn duty."

"It was no accident." The man shared. 

"What do you mean?" Cheddar asked in confusion as he quickly wrote down notes on his pad paper. "This guy hired us to start a fight." Jenkins. "He wanted us to rough him up in front of his girlfriend." Vanya. "He paid real good, upfront. We got drunk. Took it a little too far. Started to hassle the girl, too. And then, all hell broke loose."

"The guy who paid you, what did he look like? Brown hair, light scruff, slight build?" Eight asked, looking intensely at the man. The man looked up at the ceiling, recalling what he had encountered.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's him," he confirmed. The officer quickly wrote down, before looking at Eight. "Well, that's a really good guess," he commented.

"Is this the girlfriend?" Allison asked, taking a picture she had in her pocket. The cop took Allison, leading her to a side as Eight was left in front of the perp. "Hey, uh Just, um Just a moment."

Eight looked at the perp as Cheddar went to talk to Allison about his suspicions. "Was the picture my sister showed you the girlfriend?" she questioned, looking at the man. The man let out a sigh of defeat, staring at the girl who wore shades.

"That's her."