fifteen. istanbul

EDITED MAY 22, 2021

recommended to play istanbul by they might be giants!

Five sighed and folded the paper, putting it away as the ringing of the bell indicated that they weren't alone. Footsteps approached the two, as they both saw their reflections through the bell at the counter. Five looked at Eight, who was still sipping her coffee, unbothered by the threat.

He smiled a little as her face started to scrunch up from the taste, giving him the idea that the coffee didn't taste as good as he originally thought it would be.

Eight, however, didn't know how many men were in there, nor did she care about it, knowing she and Five could take them all easily.

"Okay. So let's be professional about this, yeah? On your feet and come with us. They want to talk." The man stated calmly with a threatening tone that made Eight want to laugh. Did they think that they were just going to go with them voluntarily?

"I've got nothing to say." Five replied, tracing his finger along the tip of the mug. Eight turned around to face the man who pointed a gun to her head. She had a bored and unamused look on her face, which made the man anxious on what she was about to do to him. He's heard of her before, and he knows what she can do - that's why the Commission sent so many of them to handle the two.

"It doesn't have to go this way. You think I want to shoot a kid? Go home with that on my conscience?" The man stated, keeping a firm grip on his gun. "Well, I wouldn't worry about that." Five sighed before turning to face the man. "You won't be going home."

Eight giggled, and as soon as Five said those words, the man who had a gun on her head flew to the window, with the glass crashing on his body. Five grabbed one of the butter knives from beside his cup, disappearing and reappearing behind the man, plunging the knife on his back. The man cried, firing his gun out as he fell.

Eight jumped into the counter as she saw several bullets coming her direction. Seeing several knives and glasses, she used her mind once more to break the glasses into pieces and made them flying together like some sort of tornado.

"Hey assholes!" Five yelled, putting their attention away from Eight. Eight took this as a chance and took three men and controlled them so that they stayed all together. Eight used her mind to remove all of the guns and protection they were wearing, and soon the men were left in their t-shirts, with nothing protecting them. Eight took the broken pieces of glasses and threw them all into the men, causing them to die a bloody and horrible death.

All of their bullets were fired towards Eight again, but with her quick reflexes, all of the bullets stopped mid-air. Her giggles rung throughout the shop as Five reappeared outside the door. They hurriedly turned to Five and shot at the window, making glass scatter around the floor.  One of the men towards her, making her kick one of the mugs to his face, with the man screaming from both the heat of the coffee and the impact of the mug.

"Look what you did to this place. We had so much memories in here." Eight stated, before Five had reappeared again, snapping one of the legs off a table and stabbing it to another man's side, before turning and disappearing. Eight went to ran to another man, avoiding all of the bullets that came to her direction swiftly, and punching his face, with made him dizzy for a few moments. Eight took out one of the bobby pins that was in her hair and stabbed it into the man's eye, causing him to choke a little and falling into the ground unconscious.

She looked behind her to see a man aiming his gun at her, Eight was about to throw him to the other side of the shop before Five appeared behind the man, throwing a bowl at his head, making him collapse on the ground. Eight smiled at him, noticing the proud smirk he was sending towards her direction before stabbing the last guy at the eye making her heart flutter.

These were the people she loved killing. Five watched lovingly as Eight continued to kill men in her own interesting ways. The looked that was plastered on her face while she was killing was amazing. There was pure happiness radiating over her body.

Five walked towards Eight's direction, kissing her as a smile was plastered on his face. Eight smiled into the kiss, and opened her eyes as she saw two men running after her and Five. Quickly getting out of the sweet moment they had shared, Eight used her mind and watched as the two men were now unable to move. Five gave her  a quick peck before killing both of the men.

Eight sat on one of the chairs. lovingly looked at the man she had loved so much. Five took his tie from a man with a broken neck. She watched him walked towards the man Eight had not killed, but Five mercilessly kneeled over him, snapping his neck. He sighed, exhausted as he reached over to the tracking device that was on the floor next to him.

"That's how they found us?" Eight asked, with Five tiredly walking towards her direction. "I guess so." he muttered, taking a seat beside her. Eight walked up to one of the men who had clean knives and walked towards Five.

Eight watched in agony as Five had cut open her forearm, before wiping it onto his uniform before cutting his. Five was about to dig i for the device but Eight could remember how the device looked like, so she could use her mind to get it out of hm. Eight held his hand to stop him, before looking intensely at his arm. With enough focus, there was a device floating several meter into the air. The girl then proceeded to do the same procedure, with her wincing occasionally on how the pain felt like.

They both stared at the green beeping devices they had held. Heading their way out of the donut shop, they threw it in water.

-

"We survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything we could find. You know the rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well, it's total bullshit." Five stated, slightly annoyed. Eight remembered that time when they had found the twinkies, but it tasted like coal, much to their dismay.

"I couldn't imagine," Vanya mumbled in disbelief.

"You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it." Five stated, looking at Eight. Flashes of those hard times went through her mind like a powerpoint presentation, and Eight still couldn't belive how she had managed to get through all of that.

"You got anything stronger?" Eight asked. Vanya nodded before standing to go to the kitchen. After a few seconds, Vanya returned with two wine glasses, pouring the liquor into both of them. Eight thanked her before proceeding to drink the beer.

"Should you guys even drink?" Vanya asked, but the look that Five gave her quickly dismissed her question. Five started to pace around the small living room with a hard expression. Eight was left at Vanya's chair, unable to think very well.

"You think we're crazy." Five claimed with a dry chuckle. "No. It's just a lot to take in," Vanya stammered. "Exactly what don't you understand?" Five snarled.

"Why didn't you just time travel back?" Vanya asked. Five glanced at Eight for a few moments before directing his gaze back to Vanya. "Gee, I wish I had thought of that." Five retorted with a scoff. "Five," Eight warned. "Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed. You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family?" he questioned, ignoring Eight once again.

"I mean, Dad always used to say that time travel could mess up your mind. Well, maybe that's whats happening?" Vanya suggested. Eight looked in surprise as Vanya said this. They revealed their secrets to the only person they knew they could trust; but she didn't belive anything coming out of their mouths.

"This was a mistake," Eight claimed. Five nodded before taking the eye and putting it back into his pocket. "You're too young, too naive to understand," he stated, walking out the door. Eight was starting to follow him until Vanya suddenly spoke up. "No Eight, Five, wait," she said, making them both pause and look back at her.

"I haven't seen you both in a long time, and I don't want to lose you again, that's all. And you know what, it's getting late, I have lessons early, and I need to sleep. I'm sure you do too." she said, walking towards her couch any laying a blanket. Thanks to their small bodies, they managed to fit themselves into the couch.

But they couldn't stay in any longer, they had work to do.