thirty nine. alone

EDITED AUGUST 22, 2021

After taking a quick bath and a short nap, Eight made her way downstairs to see Five and Delores hanging out in the bar with margaritas. Eight had been feeling better already, as the nap cleared her mind out a little bit. When she woke up, she immediately ran towards her mirror only to see that her eye color hasn't changed yet. It was dismal, but at least she felt better, right?

"Can't believe you had a party without me." Eight muttered from behind them. Five sprung his gaze towards Eight and made his way towards her. 

"Eight? Are you okay?" he asked. Eight let out a chuckle before making Five float and sit down on his seat again. "I'm fine, Five. What happened to Harold Jenkins? Did you stop him?" she questioned, making her way beside the child. When he heard this, a huge smile came across Five's features. 

"He's dead. The prosthetic eye belonged to him."

Eight didn't know what to feel. She was happy, but since the apocalypse was over, she didn't really know what will happen next. Was she going to school again? Will she need to move out? Was someone going to adopt her? She didn't know.

"What now?" she questioned, making Five heave out a sigh. The two of them walked up to Delores who was perched on top of the table. "I think.. I'm going to return her," he muttered, looking towards Delores. "Besides, we have some growing up to do."

"You do," Delores replied from above them. Eight was suddenly slapped back into reality. She and Five had probably been looking crazy whenever they talked to Delores, and the words coming out from her mouth weren't even coming from her; it was just their imagination. If they had already stopped the apocalypse from happening, the first thing Five and Eight needed to do was to grow up.

"Yeah.." Eight agreed. A soft knock on the door echoed throughout the living room making Five and Eight gazes at the door. Eight wearily made her way towards the door. Five held his margarita on one hand as Eight used her mind to unlock the door. She made her way when she noticed that Five was just staring at whoever was there.

It was Hazel.

"You... bitch!" Eight exclaimed, kicking his gun from his hand. Eight flicked her head to make Hazel float and put her hand out as she threw him in the living room with all her force.

"Love—" The sound of the door slamming was heard when Eight flicked the door closed. 

Eight barged towards Hazel and kneed him several times, making the man groan out in pain. "That's—" Eight kicked him. "For—" Again. "My—" Again. "Brother—" Again. "Asshole!" she finished, making Hazel fall on the floor groaning in pain as he held his crotch.

The poor man probably won't have any children.

"I'm not here to hurt you!" Hazel screamed in pain when he was beginning to float into the air once more. 

"Oh." Eight muttered, putting Hazel down on the floor. Five sent her a proud smirk as Hazel started to compose himself. Eight may have been a small girl, but damn, she had a really hard knee.

"Why are you here then? Do you have Vanya?" Eight questioned, making Hazel float again.

 "No," he replied in worry ad Eight sighed and made Hazel sit upright. "Then you have no use. Leave."

"Well, I can understand why you might feel that way, you know." Hazel stated. Five scoffed from where he was sitting down. "Well, you attacked our house, tried to kill my family, and kidnapped my brother." he took a loud slip out of his margarita.

"Well, there's not much I can do about the past. I'm not the only killer in this room. You both got your own bloody history, pals." Hazel replied. His eyes suddenly sparked up. "Speaking of which, that job you did in Calhoun, that shit's legendary. And Eight? The job you did on Quezon makes you a legend.  Can't believe I'm actually sittin' here talkin' to you, after all —"

Quezon. That poor kind man who she killed very violently at New York. The people made up a story and said it was Tuberculosis, but his death was way worse than that.

"Why are you here?" Eight cut off her speech, not wanting to remicize how she killed Quezon. It was traumatizing. "We'll, I'm.. you know."

Diego suddenly ran to Hazel and kicked him in his spine. 

"Diego, stop!" Eight exclaimed. She had already beaten the shit out of Hazel when she knew that he really didn't need anything from them anymore. 

"You know, before you kill him, you might wanna hear what he has to say." Five stated when he saw that Diego was still beating Hazel up. "I'm gonna kill you for what you did to Patch."

"Or don't. See how that goes." Five murmured, taking a sip out of his margarita. Eight looked at them in amusement. "As you can see, this is Diego in his normal dramatic nature." Eight broadcasted like a newscaster. Eight grimaced when Hazel carried Diego up only for Diego to bite Hazel's ear. Standing up, she used her mind to remove Diego from Hazel's grasp as Five ran over to Diego and smashed a glass on his head, which made Diego fall on the floor.

"That shit was entertaining." Eight chuckled. "But biting? Disgusting."

"I left my partner, quit the Commission, came to volunteer."

"For what?"

"To help stop the apocalypse."

Eight sighed and started to wander off, walking towards the kitchen to get herself something to eat. When she noticed that Luther was in there, she gave him a tight smile before starting to make her sandwich.

"Eight?"

"Yeah?" Eight questioned, not staring at the man. "I'm sorry." he mumbled.

Eight was confused. "What do you—"

All of a sudden, a tape was suddenly put to her mouth as a pair of big arms wrapped around her. She tried to push Luther away, struggling. The man didn't budge, since Eight's powers were only suitable for humans who weren't super strong.

Eight continued to struggle as Luther dragged her down into an elevator, and as soon as the man was sure that Eight couldn't escaped, he ripped the tape off her face.

"What the hell Luther?!" she exclaimed. Luther didn't answer, but instead waited for the elevator to reach their destination that was down. Eight was starting to panic, she remembered the room all too much. She knew where she was going.

The elevator let out a bing as it opened, making Luther carry Eight. "No, Luther! Please!" she exclaimed, starting to push the man away.

"Dad! No, please!" Eight exclaimed, pushing the man away. Reginald scoffed and brought Eight and pulled her out of the elevator. "You will do as I say, Number Eight. You need to be contained."

"I'm sorry, Eight. But you need to be contained." Luther mumbled carrying Eight. Eight sobbed harder, tears flowing down her face.

"But Dad! It wasn't my fault! I swear! Luther was trying to hurt me and I accidentally hurt him!" A younger Eight cried out once again. The stern look never left Reginald's face.

"It wasn't my fault! I swear! If it was my body who did this to Allison it wasn't me! Please, Luther!" she sobbed harder as the two of them neared the vault.

Reginald pushed Eight in as the girl slowly retracted and cried to herself on the walls. "You need to learn your lesson, Eight."

Eight cried as Luther threw her in the vault. She was about to run towards Luther to escape until Luther shut the door, making Eight stop. "You need to learn your lesson, Eight."

"But it wasn't my fault!"

"But it wasn't my fault!" Eight screamed.

Reginald slowly shook his head, closing the door. Eight looked through the window as the evil man started to walk away.

Luther shook his head slowly before he made his way out. "No!" she exclaimed, tears rolling down her cheek. "No! Luther? Please! Don't do this to me!" she exclaimed. She watched as the figure of Luther's body started to become smaller and smaller until it suddenly disappeared.

Eight was all alone.

Eight was all alone, again.