twenty six.my body is a temple

EDITED AUGUST 19, 2021

"I cannot believe you threatened to stab a nice veteran, Eight." Diego scolded, looking at the annoyed girl in the backseat.

Eight stared at him, before looking back at the window. She had no idea why Diego was referring to him as a "nice" veteran when he treated an obviously grieving Klaus like shit because of his fragile pride, and, well... called her a young lady.

"He called me a young lady," she mumbled, sticking to the simpler reasoning as she watched the customers go in and out of Griddy's Doughnuts. They still hadn't found Hazel or Cha-Cha, and all Diego got was some receipt that came from Giddy's.

"And you," Diego hissed, looking at Klaus who was just chuckling at Diego. "You got a big mouth, you know that?"

"Oh, wow. What a truly shocking revelation, Diego." Klaus stated, the sarcasm dripping out of his voice.

"Everything's a big joke to you, right?" it seemed like Diego wasn't taking any of their shit based on the tone of his voice. "Would you stop it?" he grabbed the drug that Klaus was removing from the plastic, hiding it in the side of his car. Klaus angrily punched his thighs repeatedly, like how a toddler would act when it was having a tantrum.

"Why are you putting this shit in your body?" Diego exclaimed, making Klaus blow out a raspberry at the man.

"Check this out. Hm? My body is a temple." he tapped his stomach a few times.

"Oh yeah, it is, Diego." Eight mumbled sarcastically from the backseat.

"All that shit you do, it's just weakness," Diego concluded, ignoring Eight. He was used to her unnecessary remarks by now.

"Oh, wow, beautiful. Well, weakness feels so good." Klaus mumbled with a hoarse voice, taking another pill out of his pocket. When Diego heard this, he hit the back of Klaus' head in annoyance. "What's going on with you?!"

"Don't hit me, asshole!" Klaus snapped. Eight looked at her companions who were fighting, but she decided that ignoring them and looking over at the shop for Hazel and Cha-Cha was a better choice. She still cannot fathom the fact that they continued to act like this even as adults.

"Don't tell me everything is all right because I saw you in there. You were crying like a baby!" Diego exclaimed, putting a finger up to Klaus' face.

"Because I lost someone!" Klaus exclaimed, sighing in defeat.

Eight looked at the broken boy for a moment before looking back at the shop, she guessed right.

"The only—" Klaus sighed. "The only person I loved more than myself," Klaus stated, taking another pill he had in his jacket. "Cheers," he told Diego, before taking the pill and popping it into his mouth.

Diego sighed, looking down.

"Well, you're luckier than most. When you lose someone, at least you can see them whenever you want." Diego finished.

Eight excitedly jumped on the car seat when she saw Hazel, unaware of the sentimental moment going on. "I see Hazel!" she exclaimed. Diego snapped his gaze away from Klaus, before looking at Hazel.

"That's our man," he mumbled, looking at Hazel who was smiling at the girl who sold Eight and Five coffee the other day.

"Hey, I know that guy," Klaus mumbled, looking over at Hazel.

"How could you possibly—"

"He and a really angry lady tortured me. I barely got out with my life." Klaus mumbled, looking down. "They what?!" Eight was angry. "We need to kill him, go get that son of a bitch." she mumbled over to Diego. Diego started the engine, driving off tho wherever they were.

-

"Is that a what, a tracker?" Eight questioned as Diego placed a beeping device underneath the car that Hazel and Cha-Cha used.

"It is," Diego mumbled, dragging her back to the car that was hidden behind the ice cream truck.

"Now?" Eight questioned, eyebrows raised in expectancy as she looked at Diego who was staring at the car.

"Now we wait," he concluded, looking at the windows the motel had.

Eight stared at Klaus who was drunkenly laughing to himself. Although she hasn't been paying him a lot of attention, she grew more and more concerned for the man.

"Bingo," Diego mumbled, seeing Hazel and Cha-Cha peek on one of the windows.

"You do know that killing these people is not gonna make you feel any better," Klaus stated, looking at Diego.

"Yeah, but when it's done, I'm gonna sleep like a baby," Diego retorted.

Hazel went outside, holding an ice bucket. "Stay in the car. Eight, come on." Diego was about to leave.

"What are you talking about? This guy tortured me." Klaus stated, his eyes glistening when he had remembered what he'd been through.

"Yeah, and he's gonna fucking pay."

"I have a plan," Diego mumbled, slightly feared at the fact that Eight looked like she was about to burst.

As he went out of the car, Eight was still following him, still looking as mad as ever.

"Do you want to tell me what that plan is?" she mumbled in annoyance, following after him as he went up the stairs, holding his knife.

He was about to throw one when Klaus came walking after them. "So what exactly is the plan here, big guy?" he asked.

"I was asking the same thing."

"I told you to wait in the car." Diego jumped, surprised by Klaus suddenly entering the scene. "Yeah, but you also told me that licking a nine-volt battery would give me pubes." Klaus stated, taking another swig of his beer. Diego sighed, now adverting his attention back at Klaus. "We were Eight." Klaus shrugged and proceeded to pass Diego, but Diego grabbed him and pulled him back, dragging him down the stairs. "For once, I need you to listen to me, okay? Now, go back to the car. If I don't come out in two minutes, that means I'm probably dead." he stated. "If that happens, get help."

Klaus sighed. "Okay." he agreed. Eight rolled her eyes. "Hey, Mr. The glass is half empty, you have me." she called out.

Diego started to jog so that he would reach the second floor. Eight looked confusedly as a horse started neighing from their room, followed by gunfire sounds. Diego kicked the door open, ready to throw his knife, only to find no people in the room.

An engine started to whirr, so Diego and Eight looked over to where the sound was coming from. "Shit," Eight exclaimed, as the gunfire started to shoot down on them. The girl deflected the bullets that were coming in their direction, only missing one which thanks to her luck, went on Diego's shoulder. Klaus dragged the two of them to the stairs, saving them from any possible danger.

"Oh, man." Klaus sighed, looking at Diego's bleeding arm. "See? You used to think I'm an idiot."

"I still think you're an idiot." Diego countered, shoving Klaus away. "They're getting away," Diego mumbled, running down the stairs.

"You're welcome," Klaus grumbled, speeding after Diego and Eight.

"Get in the car," Diego mumbled, looking at Eight.

"Shit," Klaus had mumbled, looking at the flat tires that they had assumed Hazel and Cha-Cha did.

"Was this all part of your master plan?" he questioned, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Shut up," Diego mumbled.

"Look, ice cream truck." Eight mumbled. She went to go to the front seat but sighed when she had seen that there was only room for two people. She made herself float so that she would go on top of the ice cream truck.

"You won't ride there, will you?" Klaus mumbled, looking at his sister.

There was no harm in it. Lately, Eight felt a bit suffocated at the confines of the Academy so riding on top of a car with the wind running through her was all she needed.

"I will."