three. dounuts and tattoos

EDITED MAY 18, 2021

Eight was starting to regret her decision of letting Klaus and Ben come along.

Sure, it wasn't that bad. Ben was just silently walking after them, but Klaus was attracting too much attention. Who knows if Reginald would just suddenly appear out of nowhere? He's done more absurd things than randomly appear. It was possible.

"Doughnuts! Doughnuts! Doughnuts!" Klaus kept on chanting on their way to the store. Eight wanted to control Klaus so he'll keep his mouth shut for the rest of the walk.

"Doughnuts! Dough–mmmf!" Klaus suddenly stopped. Five looked behind him to see that his lips were stuck together, kind of like glued. He shot Eight a knowing grin.

Klaus didn't talk after that. Thank God it was silent as they made their way towards the donut shop.

When they had arrived at the shop, Eight looked up to see a yellow and red sign with huge lettering that read "GRIDDYS' DOUGHNUTS". There were various posters on the store, indicating that it was 24 hours open, that the doughnuts were freshly baked and whatsoever.

There was this big urge to steal one of the posters since she thought they looked kind of cute, but Eight stopped herself, knowing that Reginald would confiscate it the moment he sees it and that going through the trouble of stealing it had no use.

"You got the box ready?" Klaus asked Ben, with his lips now parted apart. Ben gave him a nod and showed him the box that was in the bag that he brought.

The four of them entered the shop. A chime of a bell was heard the moment that they stepped inside. This alerted the woman who was at the counter and gave the children a big smile.

"Now, what are you kids doing here so late?" Eight despited it when adults talked to her like this. "I love your matching pajamas, by the way." the lady at the counter motioned to what they were wearing.

The children exchanged glances with each other, completely forgetting about what they wore. At the mansion, they only owned two types of clothes, the uniforms and the pajamas. It felt uncomfortable wearing the uniforms all the time, especially when they were training.

"Um, can we have two doughnuts please?" Eight and Five then pointed at the doughnuts that they wanted to get. They weren't really familiar and didn't know which ones tasted the best, so Eight just chose the most colorful one she could see while Five chose a plain, glazed donut.

"And what about you two?" the woman asked, motioning to Klaus and Ben.

Ben suddenly frowned. "They only had money for two doughnuts, and they didn't tell us." he looked so pure, so sad, which Agnes felt sorry for. "You know what, choose what you want. It's on the house."

"Called it." Klaus whispered when the lady was gone. He and Ben both took a doughnut each and started eating it.

"Got the box ready?" Eight asked after they had all finished the doughnuts. It was amazing, unlike anything she ever tasted before, and she wanted more.

Ben nodded and pulled out the empty box that was to be filled with the treats.

When Eight triple-checked if Agnes was really gone, she used her mind to open the glass cabinet. Five then jumped into the desk where Agnes recently was and started taking out as many doughnuts as he can and handed them to Eight, who placed them neatly in the giant box that they bought.

After Five had jumped outside the counter, she shut the glass container, looking at all the doughnuts that were left. Heaving a sigh, she opened the glass again and took another doughnut, making it float a few meters into the air, then landing it on her ring finger.