thirty five. blackout drunk

EDITED AUGUST 22, 2021

Eight had been blackout drunk before. Multiple occasions, actually. All when she was in the Commission.

She would wake up with a pounding headache and an inability to function for the whole day, combined with the confusion and grogginess of wondering what she had done the night before.

This was a more gentle version of that.

Eight walked out of the room, before seeing herself in the mirror, confused as hell. She was just at Reginald's room a few minutes ago, and all of a sudden she woke up standing infront of Allison and Diego. Now, there she was, staring at her reflection while Five laid asleep on the medical bed. She sub consciously put her hand up to her right eye, confused as why it had lost it's color, and her hair was jet black. In addition, she was also quite scared. In all of the years of her existence, her powers had never acted up like that.

"Eight. We think we know where Jenkins is. Come on." Diego called out from the door. Eight took her attention away from her reflection and put it on Five who was heavily asleep in the bed. "Grace, will you keep Five safe while I'm gone?" she asked.

"Of course," she said. "Just don't get into too much trouble, okay?"

Eight nodded her head before following Allison and Diego out of the academy. Diego went to walk towards the right side where the car was parked. When the man saw several police cars coming, he immediately made a U-Turn, walking to the left. 

"Nope. Come on, this way." he stopped Allison and Eight from walking any further. Eight looked at the man in a confused matter. "We parked the car back there," she told him, before noticing the police cars coming in. "Oh shit, what did you do Diego?"

"They think I did something," Diego stated, not giving that much details. "What did they think you did?" Allison pressed further, wanting to get more responses from the man. "Murder."

"Wait, did you kill someone?" Eight asked in surprise, stopping on her tracks. "No, no! Of course not. Why would you ask that about me, anyway?"

"I mean, you do carry knives everywhere." Allison pointed out. Diego shrugged in defeat, knowing this was true. 

"Yeah, okay. We're going to have to split up, okay?" Diego stated, looking behind him to see the cars nearer.

"I can just throw all of those cars away." Eight said, about to do so before Diego grabbed her by her shoulder, stopping her from doing anything more. "No. There are security cameras everywhere and you're trending right now in the news after you were spotted by the public. It's too risky. I have a plan, I'm in charge here. Go." Diego stated, pushing Eight to go back at the car. Eight sighed before complying as she followed Allison.

-

"God, how far is his place?" Eight asked as the sun had begun to shine. The whole ride, they had never said anything to each other. Allison was still confused about what happened with Eight when the other being that lived in her body took control over her for a short period of time.

Eight noticed it when Allison jumped a little from the sound of Eight's voice. "Do you want me to drive?" Eight asked, noticing that Allison was becoming sleepy, which wasn't surprising at all considering she was driving almost all night. Allison shook her head, the memory of Eight a few hours ago appearing in her head. "No. I'm fine."

"It's about what happened, isn't it?"

Allison stared at Eight for a brief moment, before adverting her eyes back at the road. Eight sighed, and Allison felt the girl staring at her with her other eye that still had color. "I don't know what happened. I'm also confused as hell. Please tell me." she begged, looking at the curly-haired woman.

Allison sighed, deciding that even though it creeped her out explaining and giving out details on what happened to her, she deserved to know it. It was her body, after all.

"Diego and I went to the infirmary to patch up Five. Then "you" suddenly came in with a giant smile on your face, and it creeped us out instantly." Allison shared. "Because I mostly smile when I'm about to kill people." Eight wondered, making Allison nod at the statement. "We called you, and you were missing the color on your right eye, like you are now. Then you started talking pleasantly." she said.

"Knowing you, Eight, you never talk like that. Half of the words that come out of your mouth are insults." Allison looked at her. Eight chuckled a bit, feeling a little hurt. Did they really think that of her? She wasn't really that kind of a person, she was just really pressured since the world was about to end. The only person she'd show affection was to Five.

"Then you pointed to a painting that Reginald had made. I immediately knew that it was symbolizing since Reginald had told it to the rest of us when you left countless times. It came from the being that came from you." Allison added, not mentioning the name since it might trigger it. "And your body played the piano.. beautifully. It would have been nice if it was you but it wasn't."

Eight sighed.

"Then you suddenly bolted up, but it was you this time." she finished the story. Eight said nothing but continued to look out the window, watching as the sun shined. After what had felt like an hour, they stopped into a cabin. It was small and homey, and the sun was already brightly shining in the sky. Eight didn't find any cars up in front, so she guessed that no one was probably home. Allison took a look at the binder Diego had given her to check in they were at the right address.

"Stay here." Eight instructed, before making her way inside. 

"Hey, no wait!" Allison called out, opening her car door and getting out. "I'm coming with you," she said. 

Eight shrugged, walking up to a window, whatever you say.

The house was full of wood, and it was pretty big which caused Eight and Allison to take a long time trying to find any windows that gave them any sorts of clues. Finally, they stopped by a window and saw Vanya's violin up in a chair. Eight looks around the room to see in Vanya was near, but she wasn't.

-

Eight sighed, holding her head as she heard the sirens coming from the police cars and the constant honking of horns that came from the traffic. She closed her eyes for a bit, trying so hard to not concentrate on the sounds that were giving her a headache.

Allison perched up from her seat, suddenly walking out of the car. Eight jumped in surprise, before quickly unbuckling her seatbelt and going after the curly-haired woman. Eight followed after Allison as she went up to a large sign that had some lights hitting up from the top, which was meant to light up the sign during the night. Draped on those lights was a scarf that was colored black and white.

"What's that?" Eight questioned. Allison looked behind her to see Eight before she had placed her attention back on the scarf. "This is Vanya's," she mumbled, holding it up.

Allison's attention was soon diverted to a man who was behind the yellow tapes, and she started to make her way towards him. 

"Hey! Pardon me, hey—" the man called over to Eight and Allison. "I got to ask you both to stay behind the lines. We had an accident here last night," he instructed, forcing the two out. "We got a little stuff on the ground to be weary of."

"What happened?" Allison asked.

"Well, were trying to figure it out. As soon as we do, you'll be able to read it on the newspaper like everyone else. So, have a nice day." The officer said, turning his heel on the two of them before Allison took her shades out and started to talk again. "Look, officer if there is any way—"

"Holy shit! You're Allison Hargreeves, right?"

Eight sighed, turning her attention away as she listened to the middle aged cop gush about her roles. Instead, she attended to the crime scene noticing various incidents in cars, that were familiar for her since she had killed some people that way. Three injured, if not dead.

Eight sighed to herself. Did Harold Jenkins have powers?