Chapter 13: The Haunting (Improved Version)

Okay, first chapter that got a major do over

Okay, first chapter that got a major do over. Definitely different from the original chapter that's been out for who knows how long. Anyway, if you've read the original chapter, give me your opinion on this. And if you're new to my story, don't worry about the original chapter and just enjoy reading this. Any and all feedback is wanted. Now, continue on and read this horror themed chapter.

By the time we reached an isolated part of shore on Akala, Hau was filled in with everything I had seen.

Hau looked a bit worried, but was mostly excited. "We need to tell Kukui about this."

I nodded as a Pelipper flew overhead and dropped a big bag at our feet.

The Mantines took that as their cue to leave while Hau exclaimed, "Hey, it's our stuff. Cool."

He dug through the bag and pulled out his stuff. He tossed the bag to me as he went behind a big rock. I grabbed my stuff and when Hau was dressed, I went behind the rock to change.

As I tugged my black shirt on, I noticed it was clean. Pelipper's Air Mail must clean them for you. Neat. I put on my trench and noticed a few tears on it.

I sighed. I would need to buy new clothes, but giving up these didn't feel right. These were my past.

A voice in the back of my head whispered, "Didn't you want to escape your past? Isn't that why you're here?"

I looked at my black clothing. I looked emo and people probably thought I was. Sure I wanted to forget my past, but I wanted at least one little detail to remind me of it.

The voice spoke again. "If you wanted to stay hidden, wouldn't what you're wearing be too obvious?"

I nodded, sighing. I didn't bother to question whether the voice was mine or not. I grabbed my backpack and hefted it.

I rejoined with Hau and we hiked along the beach to Akala's Mantine Surf Spot. We walked up a staircase and I took in the hotel before me.

I nudged Hau. "Let's see if Lillie's here."

He nodded and we went inside. The lobby was big and there were couches placed along the walls and in the middle. I spotted Lillie on a corner couch.

Hau and I walked over to her and she smiled when she saw us. "Hau! Zeno!"

Then she adopted a grumpy look. "Your both late."

"I'll say," said a voice behind us. "Robert had enough time to sell out a vendor of all its food."

I turned around to see Alex and Robert walking over to us. Alex had Vulpix tailing her and Robert's Munchlax was licking his fingers.

"Hey," Robert said. "That was Munchlax, not me."

Alex smirked. "Who bought it though?"

He thought for a moment. "Hmm, I think your right."

The four of us sweat dropped while Robert kept pondering.