Chapter 63: The Third Round

I sat on the far edge of the mountain, my feet dangling off the steep side

I sat on the far edge of the mountain, my feet dangling off the steep side. The sun was rising, its light shining down on Tapu Village. I looked farther out to the ocean and watched the movement of the waves.

Alex sat beside me. "What are you doing?"

I leaned back on my hands. "Remembering."

"Remembering what?" she asked.

I smiled. "Our journey. It all started for me when I arrived here and now it'll end by me leaving. It's been one heck of a time and I don't want it to end."

Alex put her hand on my shoulder. "Everything comes to an end at some point. And you have something you need to fix, right?"

I nodded. "I probably don't have a chance, but I have to try don't I?"

She leaned against me. "Yes, you do. You deserve that chance after all you did for Alola."

I clasped her hand with mine. "I don't want to leave you Alex. Please know that."

She rose and looked me in the eye. "I already do."

She leaned in and kissed me. I held her close, remembering our whole journey together.

I parted from her and met her gaze. "When this is all over, we will see each other again. I promise."

She hugged me. "I'll hold you to that."

...

I walked up to the battlefield, one hand holding a pokeball. 

"For our first battle we have Zeno from Melemele Island and Seth from Anistar City," the ref raised his hand. "Trainers, bring out your first Pokemon!"

"Come on out, Decidueye," I yelled and brought out my starter Pokemon.

Seth threw a pokeball. "Let's go, Aegislash!"

"Battle begin!"

"Spirit Shackle!" I yelled as Seth shouted, "King's Shield!"

A glowing shield appeared around the Steel/Ghost type and the arrow bounced off it.

Seth threw out his hand. "Now use Shadow Sneak!" 

Aegislash switched into its Blade Form and melted into shadows, zooming behind Decidueye. 

"Ominous Wind!" I commanded and Decidueye whirled around, swinging his wing, a fierce ghostly wind blowing outwards in an arc.

Aegislash was slammed backwards and I shouted, "Keep at it! Sucker Punch!"

"King's Shield!" Seth yelled and Decidueye's glowing wing clanged off the shield. "Now use Night Slash!"

Aegislash switched forms and uppercutted Decidueye with a glowing blade.