Chapter 61: Alola's Pokemon League Begins

I stepped out of the PMC into the cold morning air

I stepped out of the PMC into the cold morning air. The snow had stopped before sunup and now I could plainly see up the hill was a huge stadium. People were already gathered in a huge line at the entrance, buying tickets. 

"Woah," Alex breathed next to me as everyone joined me outside. 

"What she said," Hau said, gawking at the size of it. 

"We're supposed to battle in their!?" Robert asked, surprised, then rubbed his jaw. "I might have to adjust my strategy a bit. I kinda need a smaller stadium."

"Then hope to be placed in one of the other four," I said. "They're the smaller ones."

"Come on," Gladion said, pointing towards an entrance off to the side where a smaller line was forming. "That must be the trainer's entrance."

Hau looked at Lillie. "You fine on your own?"

She nodded happily. "Don't worry. I'll save you a seat."

She winked and left as Hau's face fell. "She doesn't think I can win."

I slapped him on the back. "Cheer up Hau. You know she's kidding."

He perked up. "You're right! I'm going to win this thing!"

With that, he ran to join the smaller line.

"Come on," Robert said, running after him.

We joined the line and after several minutes, were admitted into a large room where all the competitors were. I could see that afro kid with a male Meowstic on his shoulder as well as a guy in red leather with large spikes lining his suit. His large spiky red hair stuck above his head with white spiky hair over his face. A Pokemon stood at his side as well with a huge spiky shell on its back.

The spiky guy noticed me and walked over, what appeared to be a smile on his face, but it looked more like a smirk. "Well well well. It's Zeno, is it? The name's Ryuki. I watched your battle with Lt. Surge. Quite a spectacular show."

Ryuki's Pokemon lumbered up next to him and he slapped it's back between the spikes. "This here is Turtonator. He was fascinated as well, most particularly by your special Lycanroc, who was able to speed away that paralysis. I do hope we get the chance to fight."

Hau butted in. "Not if I'm the one you face. Then you'll go down."

Ryuki scowled. "What, a runt like you, beat me? Unlikely."

He turned around dramatically and went across the room along with his Turtonator.

"He's certainly an interesting character," Alex commented.

Gladion nodded. "He's a rock star. He goes around regions, preforming in his solo band, and as a part time hobby he competes in Pokemon Leagues. I'm not surprised he's here."

"Now that you mention it," Robert said, scratching his head. "I think he played once in my hometown. I never did go see it though."

Hau was cracking his knuckles. "I'll show him who's stronger."