Chapter 36: Visions of the Future

As I finished telling my friends about my past, I leaned against a tree in Malie Garden

As I finished telling my friends about my past, I leaned against a tree in Malie Garden. The sun was coming up, yet I wasn't tired. Sure the Xurkitrees and Guzma took a lot out of me, but telling my life to my friends kept me awake. I was also anxious to see what they would say. What I didn't expect was them to all hug me.

"Okay," I said, suffocating under their grip. "Why am I getting hugged? I'm not complaining, but I murdered people."

They backed up and I took a gulp of air. "Better."

Hau patted me on the shoulder. "Zeno, we don't care about who you used to be."

"We care about who you are now," Robert added.

"And," Alex said, hands in her short's pockets. "You were young. Brought up in a dark world full of evil. You did what you did because it's what your father wanted you to do."

From her tone of voice, I knew she was talking about herself as well as me.

Nebby circled my head as Lillie smiled at me. "What you did to Team Rocket a couple days ago wasn't you and we know that. We care about you Zeno and we will never leave you even though of who you were."

I rubbed Nebby's head and looked at my four friends. "Thank you for understanding me. You have no idea how much it means to me, truly."

After that followed a minute of awkward silence. Then of course Robert broke it.

"So," he said, looking around. "Are we continuing our Island Challenge or what?"

Cue the sweat drops.

...

Since we were all tired, we had decided to get some rest at the PMC. When I woke up, I was alone. I headed to the lobby and found my friends waiting for me.

I stretched. "What time is it?"

Robert looked at his watch. "8:03... PM."

I groaned. "You guys let me sleep for fourteen hours!?"

Alex shrugged. "We only woke up two hours. Besides, it looked like you needed the rest. At least, that's what Hau said."

I nodded. "Thanks. So, where do we head off to now?"

Hau was using Rotom for something. "All we have to do is head right and down the street. Along the way is Route 11. Head down there and-"

"Wait," Alex said, taking Rotom from Hau. "What about our Electric Trial? Just because Zeno did it doesn't mean we don't have to."

"Gimme," Hau said, grabbing Rotom back. "It says here "because of the disastrous events on Mount Hokulani, the Electric Trial is closed. If you wish to collect an Electrium Z and Steelium Z, please come by the entrance to Route 11 where you can get one of both"."

"Oh," Alex said. "Nevermind."

"Never doubt Hau the great," Hau said, pumping his chest with one fist.