Chapter 6: Enter Team Skull

Hau and I walked out of Route 1 with Lillie following us

Hau and I walked out of Route 1 with Lillie following us. Kukui had suggested she come along for the experience. Plus Hau had found out Nebby's existence.

I chuckled softly. That was a moment I would look back at and laugh. Nebby sneaking out of the bag, scaring Lillie, and letting Hau know of her existence.

Before we had left Iki Town, Hala had pulled me aside to ask about my meeting with Tapu Koko. I told him that what he knew was what had happened. I didn't feel comfortable telling him what I thought to be a prophecy.

A robotic voice interrupted my thoughts. "Would you like to know another feature of mine Zeno? Or should I call you Z-Rotom?"

I groaned and was reminded of the Rotom Pokedex Kukui had given me. Let's just say he would take some getting used to.

"Ask Hau Rotom." I said through gritted teeth. Rotom was just a little too enthusiastic for my taste. A perfect match for Hau.

"There's the Trainers School." Lillie commented, pointing at the building that was coming up on the right.

I smiled sadly. "Would've been nice to go to school. I was homeschooled."

Hau looked at me. "Don't feel too bad about that. I was homeschooled too. Wasn't too bad."

I nodded, but with my past, I knew our experiences of being homeschooled were very different. I shuddered at the memories. Images of dark cold nights entered my mind and I had to force myself to think about something else. Luckily, that turned out to be very easy.

"Use Ember!"

"Dodge and use Tackle!"

Hau, Lillie, and I walked over to the school parking lot. To the left was a battlefield. Two trainers were battling it out with a crowd of students watching.

The trainer closest to us was well built and he appeared to be 15, maybe 16. He looked like he worked out everyday and had short, dusty blonde hair. His Pokemon was a Munchlax. Meanwhile, the Vulpix attacking Munchlax belonged to a very familiar trainer.

Hau groaned as Alex yelled, "Quick Attack!"

Vulpix sped up and crashed into Munchlax, sending him flying backwards at his trainer's feet. 

An older student who apparently was refereeing the battle, called out, "Munchlax is unable to battle. Alex and her Vulpix are the winners!"

Alex pumped her fist into the air and returned Vulpix. Munchlax was returned as well. 

Lillie muttered, "Interesting."

I looked at her. "What?"

She looked startled. "Oh, sorry. I keep forgetting you're new here in Alola. In this region, we have regional forms. Vulpix in Alola are typically ice types. A fire Vulpix would be a very rare find."