Chapter 46: Mahina

Just as we planned, we met Robert at the exit of Seafolk Village

He grinned as he rolled a pokeball in his right hand. "Yo! You two finally made it! Took you long enough!"

I fist bumped him and asked, "What's with the pokeball?"

Robert grinned as he tucked it away. "My new secret weapon. Let's just say I don't plan on losing our next battle."

"Keep telling yourself that buddy," I laughed.

"Hey boys," Alex said, waving a hand between us. "Enough of the talk about Pokémon battling. Robert, did you find Hapu?"

He nodded. "Sure did. Her home is just Northeast from here. Ten minutes top to reach it."

I looked at the Moon. It was currently heading down.

"We should get some rest first," I said.

Robert waved his hand. "Don't sweat it man. Hapu said we could crash at her place. We rest, then we set off through the Vast Poni Canyon to reach the Altar."

"You thought this out," Alex commented.

Robert shrugged. "I had time to kill."

He turned around and set off into the Poni Wilds. "Now come on! We don't have time to waste!"

...

When we reached Hapu's house, we found her and her Mudsdale waiting for us outside.

She smiled. "'Bout time."

I smiled apologetically. "Sorry. Got rained on at Exeggutor Island."

Hapu laughed. "I bet. That place is almost always raining."

She shook her head. "Now where are my manners? I'm Hapu, the newest Kahuna of Poni Island."

"Yeah," I said. "We met back on Akala if you remember."

She nodded. "Indeed I do Zeno, or should I say Hero Born of Darkness. You've stirred up quite a bit of talk around Alola. An outsider chosen by the Tapus and now you're destined to save Alola. My, you looked strong when we first met, but that's nothing compared to who I see standing before me."

She put her hands on her hips. "I look forward to when you attempt my Grand Trial."

I grinned confidently. "As do I."

Alex smiled. "All three of us do."

Hapu gave a toothy grin. "Now that's what I like to here. But right now, you three better rest up. We leave in the afternoon. It'll take us till nightfall to reach the Altar so you'll need all the energy you can get."

She motioned for us to follow her into the house. "C'mon. I'll give y'all the guest rooms."

...