Chapter 56: Clash of the Deities

The Prowler stalked up the hill overlooking Heahea City

The Prowler stalked up the hill overlooking Heahea City. The sun beat down upon Alola as the battle between the humans and Ultra Beasts raged on at Hau'oli City. She closed her eyes and breathed in the scent of the tropical air. After a thousand years, smelling Alola once more and seeing the sun was truly a miracle.

The Prowler looked to the East where the residents of Akala took refuge. They were appearing from a giant building and some began to notice her.

Laughter rumbled in her chest as she noticed they seemed to be in awe, not fear. "Good. They can at least recognize I'm not an Ultra Beast."

She sighed as she looked up at the sun. "Just how much longer will I be able to feel your rays upon my fur?"

The sun gave no answer, but that was alright. She knew even if she were to die tonight, she could at least count on Zeno to pick up the fight. He knew the truth, and if one did, so will others in time. The Tapus would fall, no matter what.

A streak of pink flew past the sun as it descended towards the Prowler.

She growled as Tapu Lele hovered a hundred feet out from her, over Heahea City. "Well, you've finally come Tapu of Death. I've been waiting."

"Prowler," Tapu Lele said in a mocking tone. "I may be the Tapu of Death, but you are certainly not the goddess of Life."

"I beg to differ," the Prowler growled as golden light radiated from her fur. "I'll show you who's more powerful Tapu. We will eradicate you and your siblings from Alola."

The Tapu's eyes narrowed. "So be it."

She fired a pink energy beam and the Prowler roared, energy pulsing from her fur and directing itself at the Tapu.

...

The Stalker waited on the side of Mount Hokulani, surveying the battlefield with his eight eyes. He had covered most of the northwestern part of Ula'ula with giant webs as strong as steel. He knew it would provide him with an edge against Tapu Bulu, but he didn't know for how long.

He settled himself on a web, glad that no wind was passing by today. He closed his eyes and waited. After what seemed like forever, his web vibrated slightly. His eyes opened and darted to the right as he saw an approaching Tapu Bulu.

He bunched his legs together, the sprang to the left as Tapu Bulu's glowing tail slammed into the side of the mountain, displacing huge chunks of rock. As he flew back towards him, the Stalker's hairs along his body bristled before shooting in all directions.

...

Hapu watched from atop Poni Canyon as the sea exploded, giant tentacles shooting out towards Tapu Fini. The Tapu shot barrages of blue light that were electrocuted by the blasts of electricity bursting from the water.