Chapter 58: The Final Grand Trial

"Use Hydro Pump!"

"Use Hydro Pump!"

Gyarados shot a beam of high pressured water at the Golurk, but it flew up into the air.

"Shadow Punch!" Hapu yelled.

Golurk flew at Gyarados, fist wrapped in shadows. It landed a square hit on the side of his face, knocking him to earth.

"Knock him down with Aqua Tail!" I shouted.

Water wrapped around Gyarados' tail as he swirled above Golurk and slammed it to the earth. Dust billowed skywards as Golurk crashed and Gyarados roared.

"Finish with Ice Fang!" I yelled.

Frosted breath flowed from his mouth as Gyarados' fangs glowed white. He lunged down towards Golurk, jaw wide open. 

"Shadow Punch!" 

Golurk launched himself back via jet propulsion and shot towards my Pokemon, his fist crashing into Gyarados' side. 

"Hammer Arm!" Hapu yelled as I shouted, "Waterfall!"

Golurk's glowing fist slammed onto Gyarados' back, slamming him to the earth. When the dust settled, my Pokemon had fainted. I returned him and tucked his ball away. One down and I still had four Pokemon to defeat. This was going to be interesting.

"Alright then," I yelled, tossing out my next Pokemon. "Lets go, Kabutops!"

He clanged his scythes together and waited for my command.

"Rain Dance," I said, grinning as clouds gathered overhead. 

Rain began down pouring and Hapu yelled, "Earthquake!"

I laughed. "Aqua Jet!"

Water droplets rose around Kabutops and wrapped him in a cocoon of water. He sped off like a rocket, avoiding the rising pieces of the earth as it quaked. 

"Shadow Punch!"

"Dodge it!" I yelled. "Then use Liquidation!"

Kabutops swerved right to avoid Golurk's fist and slammed into him, mud splattering the both of them. Golurk stumbled and fell onto his back and Kabutops skidded next to him.

"Night Slash!"

Dark wind swirled around Kabutops' right scythe as he brought it down on the enemy Pokemon, fainting him.

Hapu returned her Pokemon and smiled. "I can see how you made it this far alive, Zeno. Now, show me more of the strength of you and your partners."

She tossed out a Gastrodon and shouted, "Mud Bomb!"

"Dodge!" I yelled.

Mud blasts spurted into the air as Kabutops swerved to dodge them, getting closer to Gastrodon.

"Liquidation!" 

Hapu smirked. "Take it full on Gastrodon!"

I knew something was up, so I yelled, "Dodge!" but when he tried, he was pulled towards the Water/Ground type. Kabutops slammed into Gastrodon, but instead of looking weakened, she looked stronger.