Chapter 16: A Rivaled Encounter

Lillie was being pulled through the forest as she and the mysterious person in the cloak ran

Lillie was being pulled through the forest as she and the mysterious person in the cloak ran. Once they reached a clearing, he stopped pulling her.

Lillie pushed herself away from the cloaked figure. "Who are you!? What do you want!?"

She hugged her bag to her chest, hoping Nebby had the sense to stay hidden. The person flung his off and Lillie gasped.

"Gladion!?"

He managed a smile. "Hello Lillie. It's been a while."

...

Alex and I ran through the forest in search of Lillie. After an hour of looking, we still hadn't found her.

I punched a tree. "Why can't we find her!?"

Alex looked as angry as me. "Agreed. Let's see if we can see any footprints around this area."

I grunted in agreement and after 30 minutes, Alex shouted from 20 feet away, "Footprints!"

I rushed over to her and sure enough, there were footprints. Two sets of them. But as I felt them, I could tell they weren't fresh. When I looked to my left though, I noticed a couple snapped twigs and a half trampled bush.

I pointed left. "That way."

Alex knitted her eyebrows together. "But the footprints lead this way?"

I shook my head. "Trust me on this."

She raised an eyebrow, but followed me when I began to head left.

After a couple minutes following the trail, I heard rustling in a bush to my right. I raised my hand to have Alex stop moving. I crept closer to the bush and when I was a foot away from it, something flew out of it and crashed into me.

...

"Why'd you take me from my friends?" Lillie asked her brother.

Gladion scowled. "I'm protecting you. Those "friends" don't care for you. No one cares about us."

Lillie glared at him. "You sound like mother."

He looked away. "Some things she said were right."

Gladion looked back at Lillie. "That's why I'm here. Our mother has sent for people to steal back Cosmog."

Lillie clung onto her bag. "They can't have Nebby."

Gladion nodded. "I know. Knowing what mother could do with Cosmog, well, let's not think about that."

He turned to face the woods. "Now come on. I have a safe house we can hide out at."

"No."

Gladion faced Lillie. "What?"

She stamped her foot. "No. First you leave me with mother alone for four years and now you're trying to take me from my friends! I won't go with you!"