Chapter 28: Gang War in Konikoni

Olivia had Cradily watch over the man as we all rushed out of the Ruins of Life

"I shouldn't have stayed away for so long," I heard Olivia mutter to herself.

I checked my fingers. I had a habit of doing it now ever since the Ditto incident. Nowadays I was never really sure if I was awake or dreaming. Thankfully, it looked like I was awake.

When we reached the highest point in Memorial Hill, we could see Konikoni. Smoke billowed out of buildings and a couple fires burned on the street. Team Skull and Team Radiance grunts were battling it out all over the city, either with Pokémon or fists. Some even had baseball bats.

Olivia gripped her hands into fists. "I am not letting them ruin my home!"

She rushed down the hill and my friends and I followed suit. On the way down, I noticed the Police Station was on fire. I motioned for my friends to keep going as I ran to see if I was needed.

I ran up to the doors and kicked them open. I covered my mouth with my trench coat to avoid breathing in the smoke and yelled, "HEY! Anyone in here!?"

I made my way inside and noticed a man with gray hair slumped on a desk. When I got to him, I noticed someone must've knocked him out. He did look old, but he still looked strong nonetheless.

I was preparing to lift him when I noticed the computer. On it was a message along with a picture. A picture of me and my name.

Instincts took over and I chucked the computer into the fire. The noise it made the cop groan. I considered leaving him, but I put his arm around my shoulders and dragged him out of the station. Once I was a safe enough distance away from anything on fire, I dropped him and read his name tag. Officer Nanu.

I considered slitting his throat, but that was the old me talking.

"No," I thought. "Even if he knows who I am, I can't kill him. If I did, I'd lose another part of myself and everything I've worked towards to be better."

Something knocked me to the ground by Nanu. I rolled over to see five Radiance grunts.

One grinned. "Cassandra wants to take you alive, but we don't mind killing you now boy."

I hopped to my feet. "One against all of you? Hardly seems fair doesn't it?"

Another grunt grinned. "We don't play fair."

I cracked my knuckles. "Oh, I didn't mean unfair for me. You should've brought more grunts."

I felt someone walk up to my side from behind. "So you're saying you don't need my help?"

I looked to my right and saw Gladion next to me, a smirk on his face.

I shrugged. "And make it more unfair for them? Be my guest Emo Boy."