Chapter 41: The Attack on Po Town Pt. 2: Battle of the Bosses

"I'll just let you two hash things out," I said, backing away towards the stairs

"I'll just let you two hash things out," I said, backing away towards the stairs. "I have a friend to save."

Plumeria locked her arms behind me, holding me tight. "Oh no you don't kid. For all we know you brought them here. And no matter the outcome, we will deal with you."

Guzma stopped walking when he neared me. "I respect you kid, surprisingly. Sure I want to beat your face in, but your determination, loyalty to your friend. It's rare to see that nowadays."

He looked at me. "That's why I'll let you go, but not until the battle is over. Then you can go save your friend."

"Plumeria," he said, turning back towards the stairs. "Free his arms, but if he tries to run, feel free to let Salazzle loose."

Plumeria grinned and let go of me. "With pleasure."

As Guzma started down the stairs, I heard him say, "The hated boss who beats you down, and beats you down, and never lets up..."

...

I sat on a graffitied bench with Plumeria standing behind me. And on each side of me were the Skull Boys, A and B.

Wanting this to be over with, I sat there in silence as I watched Guzma and Cassandra take their places.

"A battle of bosses," I thought randomly and despite the situation, also thought, "This will truly be a battle to remember."

"Now," Cassandra started, but Guzma stopped her with a laugh.

He put his hands on his hips and grinned mockingly. "You think you can barge into my home, demand a battle, and then come up with the rules? You must be more stupid than your reputation says."

He put his hands up. "Now here's the deal. I'll allow this battle, but I get to make the rules. That way it's fair."

Cassandra was glowing with rage, but spat, "Fine!"

"So here's how it's all gonna go down," Guzma laughed. "This will be a full six on six battle. And no switching in and out. It's all or nothing now."

Cassandra's face went red with anger, but she smiled and shrugged. "Fair enough."

She tossed out her signature Pokémon, Florges. "Let's show Team Skull what real power looks like."

"Interesting," I thought. "I've only ever seen her Florges. I wonder what her other Pokémon will be."

"You have the first move Guzma," Cassandra said sweetly.

Guzma threw his head back and laughed. "And that's your first mistake."

Quick as a flash, Guzma let out Golisopod who instantly jumped at Florges and slammed her to the ground with First Impression.

"Hold her down and use Metal Claw!" Guzma ordered.