Chapter 50: Ark City

I floated in and out of consciousness, trying to remember

I floated in and out of consciousness, trying to remember. Trying to remember anything. I could see vague pictures of people and Pokémon, but I couldn't name them.

"Who..." I thought dimly. "Who..."

I was doing something. Fighting?

Something red flickered through my mind. a woman hidden in the shadows, her vibrant red hair and eyes standing out like blood. She slowly walked towards me, holding something. Something long and jagged. I backed away, my feet slashing through black water. I saw her move to strike, then,

"ZENO!"

I sat bolt upright, awake and remembering. "Alex!"

"Cassandra," I whispered, clenching a fist. "Shadow."

Adrenaline pumping through me, I stood and looked around. I was in a small room, three of the walls made of see-through glass while he fourth was was solid metal with an equally solid door. The floor and ceiling were also glass, allowing me to see out.

I stepped closer to the glass and blinked. I was in the ocean, beneath it. I could see dozens of glass and metal orbs connected to each other by pipes as well, including the one I was in.

"Oh," I heard myself say as I remembered.

I remembered seeing this city a while back when I lost Hau while surfing. But it had only been partially built then.

I checked the inside of my tattered trench coat. My pokeballs were still there.

I smirked. I opened one and Arcanine came out.

He licked my face and I laughed. "Not now buddy. We have a job to do."

I pointed to the metal door. "Flamethrower."

Within seconds, the door had melted away completely. I stepped through, entering a metal hallway with portholes, Arcanine at my side. At the end of the hallway, a door opened, and three Radiance grunts walked in, chatting.

They noticed me, and I smiled at their surprised faces. "You know, it's like you didn't expect me to escape."

They charged and so did I. I jumped, kicked off the wall, and dove over their heads. I rolled to my feet, turned, and knocked two of their heads together. As the third runt turned, Arcanine ran and slammed him into the wall, but not before he pressed a button on a small device. Alarms sounded as the lighting turned red.

I cracked my knuckles. "Alright Arcanine, lets show hem why I was Team Rocket's top man."

...

We ran through a long hallway with doors on all sides. They began to open on all sides, grunts spilling out.

"Clear our path ahead," I said, twirling around, two pokeballs in my hand. "Come on out, Kabutops and Decidueye!"

They flashed out, saw the situation, and I yelled, "Waterfall and Leaf Blade!"