Chapter 23: Dugtrio's Revenge

Thankfully I had a dreamless sleep

Thankfully I had a dreamless sleep. I woke up in the PMC, unable to remember how I got here.

Everything came rushing back to me. My violent past, my visions, and that strange rift in the sky.

I sighed as I got up. The only good thing coming my way at the moment was challenging the Kahuna.

I looked at the sleeping forms of Hau and Robert. I decided not to be remorseful. I grabbed their blankets and threw them off. They did not wake up happy.

Timeskip

The four of us stood in front of the entrance to Diglett's Tunnel, Alex, Hau, Robert, and I. Lillie had gone with Kukui ahead of schedule to find Kahuna Olivia. I could tell my friends wanted to ask me more about what happened yesterday, so I quickly moved things ahead.

"Come on," I called behind me as I entered Diglett's Tunnel. What I saw inside was so not what I expected.

People in white uniforms were either on the ground moaning in pain, or running around with some sort of devices in their hands.

"Uh," I stared open mouthed. "What's going on."

Hau shrugged. "Who knows, but these are Aether Foundation employees, so it must be important."

Suddenly the ground began shaking and I clung to the cave wall to stay upright.

One of the employees shouted, "Incoming!"

A second later Digletts with little hairs began swarming the cave. They popped out of the ground, walls, and ceiling, all shaking the cave. They looked pissed off and after a minute, went back into the earth, leaving only mounds of rock and dirt.

My friends and I stumbled towards the nearest employee.

"What's going on here!?" Alex asked, holding onto the wall for support.

The employee in question was on his back on the ground. "The Digletts are angry."

I looked at my friends. "I think we got that. Why though?"

He shrugged, then noticed who we were. "Wait a second! You kids aren't allowed to be in here! Diglett's Tunnel was supposed to be sectioned off!"

Hau shrugged. "Well, it's not."

We walked away as the employee struggled to get up. All the other employees were too busy checking their instruments or too tired to notice us.

Robert looked at all the employees on the ground. "Lazy! They should all be fired!"

I shook my head and chuckled. Leave it to Robert...

"I'm still wondering why the Digletts are so agitated," Alex wondered.

...

Deep in Diglett's Tunnel, two Team Skull grunts were wandering through the cave.