Chapter 68: Semifinals Part 1: Hau vs. Ryuki

"Ryuki is the winner! No other participants remain! That means he's won the Alolan Pokemon League and has become Alola's first ever champion!"

Ryuki grinned as he waved at the roaring crowd. He turned to look at Hau, his feral grin wide. "You never could stand up to me. If I could defeat Zeno, then you were cakewalk."

He began laughing, a sound that spiraled through Hau's head like a never ending roller coaster.

...

Hau jerked awake, bathed in sweat. He clutched his head and shut his eyes tight. That dream. It felt too real. 

"No," he whispered, opening his eyes. "I can do this. I've become stronger than ever. I won't lose. Not to him."

...

The crowd roared as Hau and Ryuki took their places at the ends of the battlefield. 

"Trainers," yelled the ref. "Send out your first Pokemon!"

Hau narrowed his eyes. "Come on out, Garchomp!"

"Ah," Ryuki said, claws gripping on his Ultra Ball. "We're going that route huh? Fine then. Let's meet him head on! Show him your raw strength, Garchomp!"

He sent out a Garchomp of his own and he roared at his double. Both glared at each other, fangs bared and claws raised. 

Hau shot out his hand as soon as the ref called for the battle to begin. "Start this off with Dual Chop!"

Hau's Garchomp's claws glowed and he shot forwards. 

Ryuki flexed his claws in front of him. "Slash upwards."

His Garchomp swung his claw up so hard, he split the air and sent Hau's Garchomp flying backwards.

"You know what," Ryuki said, holding up a dragon's tooth with a glowing orb in it. "I was thinking about going easy on you, but nah."

He gripped it tightly and a bright light emitted from it, connecting to his Pokemon. "Let me show you Alolans how weak Z-moves are in comparison to the sheer power of Mega Evolution. Now, let us roar mightily to the heavens as our claws gouge into our enemies! Garchomp, Mega Evolve!"

Garchomp roared as he mega evolved, sneering at Hau's Garchomp. 

"Now," Ryuki said, swing his hand around. "Dragon Claw!"

Mega Garchomp roared, his scythes glowing blood red. He burst forwards, scythes swinging. 

"Use Dragon Claw as well," Hau ordered.

Garchomp roared and struck at the same time as Mega Garchomp, however, the power of Mega Evolution proved to be greater. Garchomp's claws slipped and he was struck in the chest and sent backwards. 

"Come on," Hau yelled. "Don't give up. He's no match against our bond! Use Dragon Rush!"

Garchomp's body was enveloped in a blue aura and he slammed into Mega Garchomp. The Mega barely flinched.