Chapter 45: Feelings Shared

I stepped onto the planks of Seafolk Village, a quaint little place

I stepped onto the planks of Seafolk Village, a quaint little place. From what I could see, all the houses were boats modeled after Pokémon, except for the PMC.

"A new island," Alex said, arms wide as she drank in the salty air.

Robert pumped his fists. "A new adventure."

I smiled. "A new chapter."

"And a whole lotta nope for me," Nanu said, rubbing the back of his head. "Look, I need to get back to Aether. There are a few things I need to wrap up there."

I nodded. "That's fine. We can find someone to take us the rest of the way. Thanks for the help."

Alex and Robert nodded in agreement and Nanu smiled. "Once you get the flute, look for the Kahuna of this island. She's new to the job, but she knows the ends and outs of this island. Go to her for information you may need."

"Hapu," I said, remembering the short lady and her Mudsdale. "Yeah, we met her a while back on Akala. We'll look for her. See you one day Nanu."

He nodded and after a minute, pulled the boat away from the docks and sped away.

Robert looked around. "You know what guys, I'm starving. Where can we grab some grub?"

"Well, we can't ask Rotom," I said. "I left him with Hau."

"There's such a thing as using your eyes," Alex said and pointed to a large ship modeled after a Wailord. "The Mighty Wailord."

Robert's eyes widened. "The Mighty Wailord you say? I heard about that back in Konikoni. It's a most go to if you're new to Alola. Five stars, but tourists want to give it six."

I nodded. "Then let's go. We can eat, then ask around to see who can take us to Exeggutor Island."

Alex nodded. "Agreed."

...

Alex, Robert, and I sat in a booth, Robert sitting besides me and Alex across from me. She was carefully avoiding my eyes and I couldn't say I wasn't doing the same. After a minute of awkward silence, Robert spoke.

"Make sure to save my food," he said, standing up. "I'll be in the men's room."

He left and another minute of awkward silence filled his absence.

"Alex," I finally said. "About earlier."

She struggled to hide her blush. "I'm sorry Zeno. I don't know what came over me."

She took a breath. "It's just-"

She stopped as a waiter delivered our food. A salad for Alex, a plate of cooked fish covered in bread crumbs, chopped into strips with a creamy white sauce spread over it for me, and practically everything for Robert.

Robert then joined us and breathed in deeply. "Ah, that smells so good."

Then he attacked his good with gusto.