Chapter 30 - Why can't you understand?

Read Author's note at the end of the chapter.

Zaid's pov.

"All the best, go and speak to mom with all the courage you have" Saad said to which I glared.

Like seriously, I am not going for an exam.

I knocked on the room door and once she opened I said, "I want to talk to you mom, It's important"

"Sure, come in"

We walked towards the sofa and sat on it.

"Mama, I am sure this will make you angry but I have to tell you this. Mama, I love Nuska and I don't think I can live my life without her. After you, she is my world. She means a lot to me. Mom, you wouldn't believe but she is the only one I keep thinking of these days. Mom, you always wanted me to get married and now I am. She is the best daughter- in- law you could ever have. Please accept her." I explained my feelings to her.

"Zaid, what about Zara?" She asked.

"Mom, I never liked her and will never like her. The feelings I have for Nuska is special and I only feel this towards her and never in my life did I feel like this when I saw any other girl"

"But Zaid, I have already given my word that you would marry Zara" She argued.

"Mom, tell me, Is your word more important than my happiness"

"Obviously, your happiness is important."

"Then what? Please accept Nuska. Mom, she loves me too."

"Mom please" I pleaded.

"Sumaiya I think Zaid deserves her so let them live happily. I accepted her as my daughter-in-law. Why can't you?" Dad said coming closer to us.

(A/N: Sumaiya is Zaid's mom)

"But Hassan, I have given my word to Zara and her family"

"Do you think that word is more important than our son's life"

"I am sorry Zaid but I can't accept Nuska" Mom said breaking my heart.

"Mom please I love her and I can't live without her. It's paining to move on without her" I said and by this time I had tears in my eyes.

"Zaid, try to understand"

"Mom, why can't you understand my feelings" I begged.

"I don't have anything over Nuska. I like her but What will I tell Zara now" she said after wiping off my tears.

"I will talk to Zara and I'll make her understand that we aren't meant for each other"

"Mom please. I am sure you will love Nuska. Just spend a day with her and you will definitely love her" I added.

"Zaid, I don't want to see you unhappy  and you are more important than my words to Zara. Therefore I am accepting Nuska as my daughter-in-law. Happy?" She said smiling, after few minutes of thinking.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Yes"

"Thank you mom, love you" I said and kissed her cheeks.

"No problem dear. Love you too" she said and kissed my forehead.

"Yippee Nuska is my Bhabi finally" Zainab screamed entering the room.

"Were you eavesdropping, Zainab?" Mom asked to which she gave a sheepish smile.

"Come bhai, lets go and celebrate" Zainab pulled me out of the room.