Chapter-29 - You are my other-half.

Nuska's pov.

"Nope. I don't love you anymore" I lied.

I am sorry Zaid but I can't tell you the truth when you have moved on.
I know you dont love me so why should I bother to tell you about my love.

"No?" He questioned shocked and he seemed to look hurt.

But why should he be hurt?

"I DO NOT LOVE YOU ANYMORE" I lied, every word breaking my heart.

"Are you sure?" He questioned.

"Yes. I have moved on"

"Beautiful. You have moved on very easily than I expected" He smiled happily though his eyes said the opposite.

But why should he be sad?

"Yes. Why, can't I move on?"

"Yes you can but I thought maybe you still love me" He said with a fake smile.

Zaid, I know you better.
But why is he sad when he has moved on.

"Are you okay?" I questioned worried.

Maybe he is sick.

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair and replied, "Yes, I am fine"

"You have moved on right?" I asked.

"Yes" He replied while giving a fake smile yet again.

"I heard that you are going to get married to the one chosen by your brother. Is that true?" He asked.

"Yes, I am getting married. My parents and bhai thinks it's better if I do so" I lied.

"Alright. I am happy for you"

"You too get married" I said and got up from the chair.

"I think I have to leave now, my friends are waiting for me so Bye" I added.

But the truth was, I might cry anytime soon so I want to leave this place. I don't want him to see my tears.

"I think I will need sometime before I could get married to someone else" He replied and got up from the chair.

"Anyways lets meet again" He added.

"Okay, InshaAllah" I said and walked away before my tears fall out of my eyes.

Once I was out of his sight, I let my tears spill. I couldn't control it anymore.

I was walking fast to get out of the mall but someone tapped me on my shoulder and I stopped with a jerk.

It's definitely Zaid.

How can I face him now?

"Nuska" He called me and I was relived that it was yusuf bhai and not zaid.

I turned to face him and he looked shocked in seeing me crying.

"Why are you crying Nuska? Tell me what's wrong" He asked worried.

"Zaid..." I hiccuped.

"Yes, what did he tell you?"

"He has moved on without me" I said crying.

"What? Are you sure he told you that?" He asked shocked.

"Yes"

"He told me he hasn't"

"What are you saying yusuf bhai"

"I am telling you the truth. He told me he hasn't moved on but I am wondering why he didn't tell you that"